Found a surprise at Harbor freight

WillyPete

Found a surprise at Harbor freight

Post by WillyPete »

I went picking up a few goodies at Harbor Freight the other day and I found they are selling those magnesium fire starter blocks for $2.99 each. I bought two of them but I've yet to give one a go to see that it really works like it should. Once I do it, I'll let y'all know.
Still, magnesium fire starters, the same things in other retailers, for less than half the cost to maybe one-third the cost is a good thing. If they work that is but, I'll find out tomorrow or the next day.

Here's a look BTW. http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-garde ... 66560.html
bbj101

Re: Found a surprise at Harbor freight

Post by bbj101 »

The bud k catalogs also carry these for the same price if not cheaper sometimes. And they also have some other handy little things. They once in a while and I use that term loosely have decent knives on there as well. They have a website too but I am not feeling well and am going to lay down so sorry about not posting the website.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Gave mine a tryout and while the magnesium will fire up good when it gets the spark, that bit of pseudo hacksaw blade ain't nothin' to write home about. Barely sparks and barely scrapes flakes off. My knife does a much better job so I'll toss the blade and that cheap snap chain and use my regular knife to scrape and fire.
Even with that little peccadillo, for $2.99 it's a fair deal and the block does what it's supposed to do.
bbj101

Post by bbj101 »

Good find WillyPete!!!

Can't complain for 2.99 and it even works haha.