pest control

acet7

pest control

Post by acet7 »

Has anyone thought of pest control in a SHTF scenario? Like for your bug out location ants, roaches etc? How will you keep pests at bay when you run out of Raid? What natural or homemade things work? I was just wondering because I have been having a hell of a time with ants and I use a professional service. He has been out twice to help w/ the ant problem. So I just put some dusban/triazonon (sp?)on the lawn around the perimeter of the house and I think I got it licked now.
Watchman
Foreman

Re: pest control

Post by Watchman »

Cedarcide.com
“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post by Toepopper »

A sure fire way to eliminate ants is follow them back to their nest and then dig up the nest. They will move to a different area. Where I live its so dry during the summer we don't have any bug problems, no mosquitos and few rodents so its not as big of a concern as in the east or midwest.
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

Anteater. I hear they make great pets.
Just kidding, I don' know about the pet part. We find carpenter ants around sometimes and use diatomaecous earth on them but it is no good when it gets wet. Of coarse in SHTF scenario it won't be available or affordable. Stock up on chocolate and dip-em.