Ear Canal Cleaning

Watchman
Foreman

Ear Canal Cleaning

Post by Watchman »

I would like to encourage all of you (older people especially) to visit an ENT health care provider and have your ear canals cleaned of wax buildup. I had it done yesterday for the first time ever and 75% of the hearing I lost in my left ear returned. The PA who did the procedure showed me a clump of wax about the size of one and a half kernels of whole corn. It was absolutely amazing. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than a hearing aid. I had this done on a hunch to see if I could improve my hearing without going into debt for a couple thou. It worked!

The down side was she prescribed ear drops, 4 drops twice a day in the ear. She warned me ahead of time that the drops were VERY expensive and if I did not have a prescription plan they would be cost-prohibitive. Thank goodness I have Tricare For Life from the Air Force and I received the 0.5 oz vial for $24. I asked the pharmacist what the retail cost would have been - $225! We will NOT get into a discussion of the facts of big pharma here - that is for another forum. This is just about the facts of the procedure.
:cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”