M-51 Engineers Bag

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

M-51 Engineers Bag

Post by Toepopper »

I ran across some brand new army surplus M-51 engineers bags in a local surplus store. They are made from heavy duty canvas and have a shoulder strap for easy carrying, with many small pockets for cell phones or hand held walky talkies, pens, compass, flashlight and fire starter etc plus one large compartment designed to hold maps but suitable for a laptop computer. These bags also have a large waterproof flap that closes down and snaps shut to keep the contents dry. They would make an inexpensive BOB or medical bag and were selling for $36.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: M-51 Engineers Bag

Post by fern »

Does that store have a website? Never saw anything like that around here.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I just ordered one for my wife from Amazon.com.
“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Nope, no website, I guess they don't need one with all the sales they are doing. I read the reviews of the engineers bags that are posted on Amazon.com and not one was a positive review. There are many new copies of this article being sold that were probably made in sheena and are not the quality of an American mil spec unit.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Will find out come Tuesday.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Received the M-51 bag from Amazon. Negatory on China-made. It is made in India [still not American] but will say that it is EXTREMELY sturdy and made from a very heavy canvas-like material, but soft. Wife decided it was too big to carry as a purse so we are going to use it as another BOB, maybe for first-aid and medicinals.

This is the bag she got----

Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Looks heavy duty and well made! We shall see how well it holds up.
bbj101

Post by bbj101 »

I used to have one like this, but it was not a "military" grade canvas and tore easily. I used it until the bottom eventually tore out. So definitely be sure of its solidness before you buy, it's always best to see it in person or make sure there are return policies in effect..
308gun

Post by 308gun »

I can see several other uses , other than as B.O.B. thinking this could be a good CCW bag, for a full size 1911 and some extra clips too,,Summer time dress does make my CCW hard ,could carry first aid kit too. :coffee: