breastfeeding

bbj101

breastfeeding

Post by bbj101 »

For me breastfeeding was one of the hardest things, after I got comfortable with the positions it was a breeze and I actually enjoyed it, but during my pregnancy I had developed pre-eclampsia and never had it diagnosed by my ignorant doctors. After some time my milk literally quit! And my son was not thriving and just wasn't gaining any weight and we began goats milk!

Goats milk is the best thing you could give an infant if your ability to nurse is dwindling or non existent.. now of course I bought homoginized/sterilized milk, but the tendancy for goats is to have literally "dirty utters." So if at all possible to have a goat, I recommend it after my experience. Plus their milk is better for you that dairy cow milk anyways! Just keep the utters clean and there is no issue.

Another thing to have quite a few cans of on hand is utter cream, specifically Bag Balm brand is best! There are many uses for this.. first obviously if you have any type of dairy livestock, there will always be the chance that they get sore/chapped utters. Next is for any animal/livestock in general, I used bag balm on any cuts or scrapes that my horse got. It keeps flies off the area and keeps bacteria from further forming. Then there's for small scrapes or burns on humans, keeps the area moist without causing damage as well as protects the skin. It does have healing capabilities, but will not replace an antiseptic. But the best use ever is for nursing moms, the first few weeks are usually incredibly painful until you get adjusted.. AND its safe for babies to injest, not harm done. Of course you don't want to leave it globbed on and then go to nurse, but its the best trust me..

Oh and before I forget the best place to get it from is tractor supply stores, cheap and always in stock.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: breastfeeding

Post by fern »

A small glass of beer can often spur milk to return. Women should also drink up to a gallon of water per day to make enough milk. Stress is the number one foe of nursing and often the reason most women will stop nursing since stress is there when you are trying to work with a new little baby. BBJ101 is totally on target with the goats milk.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin