Homeschooling

fern
Patriot
Patriot

Homeschooling

Post by fern »

Does anyone on the forum have experience with homeschooling? Other than stockpiling kids books on the Bible and non kids books on history...I am at a loss here. I know there are on line kits that are available. I am simply uncertain if any would be worth investing in since I am not interested in raising nwo children. Any thoughts on important reference materials to have at your fingertips?
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
WillyPete

Re: Homeschooling

Post by WillyPete »

Old World Book Encyclopedia sets would be a good reference set. I think that any published prior to 1980 would be adequate and also not full of NWO garbage. Probably the same cutoff time for any textbooks; math, literature, art history tomes, english technique and practice and grammar, languages, sociology, philosophy. Best to grab any you can covering education grade levels from early elementary to high school level and on.
Trade texts would be excellent so that kids can use them as reference for any occupation they would be interested in pursuing, those that are functional of course.
Trade textbooks could be problematic along with general education texts I have found. The textbook I am using for my students is the sixth edition of the same textbook, second edition, I used in school for my trade fifteen years ago. The 6th edition I have found to contain a lot of useless information and complete misinformation. Because of this, I have begun to write my own version of the textbook that will be much more useful, informative and accurate than any we have been using.
Be highly judgmental of any textbook you select for your reference collection, what is out there may be very inaccurate.
bbj101

Post by bbj101 »

I've saved almost all of my school books from high school and above, so the younger years are the only issue I would have without books. I do have my old encyclopedia set, I believe its from the late 80s maybe ever early 90s.

Would be nice to have a set of the homeschooling cds for the computer but of course that won't be an options someday...
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Good point. Even if someone is not presently homeschooling their children, you will HAVE TO if the electrical grid is destroyed. A complete homeschool library should be as important as a container of beans and on your 'provisions' shopping list. While we're at it, how about a library of classics?
“Two is one, one is none”