Entertainment Library

Watchman
Foreman

Entertainment Library

Post by Watchman »

This is a subject that I have not seen anyone talk about, even though in most prepper/survival/PAW books they talk about NOT going bat-ass crazy with nothing to do. I think that is an understatement considering we would be busy staying alive. What about the rare slack period where small kids or teenagers (or spouse) are driving you crazy? They're tired of sitting and looking at each other, working in the garden, skinning game, cutting wood and so on.

A very long time ago I began collecting old time radio shows, prepper shows, talk shows, and other items of interest, in addition to video discs in the thousands. Today I received a Sony ZS-PS50 personal audio system I had ordered. Very simply, it is a sturdy boom box that has AM/FM and a CD player that will play CD, CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs. It also has a USB port in the front. I have a flash drive dedicated to radio shows (118GB) - it will hold all I can ever record. Today when I unpacked the unit I tried each function right away. SEXY! Every one worked perfectly. I went to the computer and burned a 3-hour data disc of Art Bell interviewing Fr. Malachi Martin. PERFECT. Then I plugged in my flash drive and advanced to Tales of the Texas Rangers. Again, PERFECT. What I'm trying to say is that you are going to need some diversions to keep minds off of the dead and dying world.

I have heard that there are solar-powered DVD players that were developed for people back in the wilderness. My next project!

Also as a next co-project a very large Faraday enclosure to secure some electronics. Am looking into a Faraday tent also.
“Two is one, one is none”