Encryption capable radios?

whitewolf

Re: Encryption capable radios?

Post by whitewolf »

Remnant,

The purchase and operation of many different kinds of communication equipment varies greatly ...

The radios you refer to would be great for local communications and of course the stats are exagerated, dont expect to achieve the distances listed, but they are digital and easily encrypted, but anyone with similar radios may be able to unencrypt your communication and are ever only good for maybe 50% of the distance they say, unless the communication is on the open seas..
also this would be the most monitored frequencies in hard times...

Standard CB communicatins actually are capable of distances closer to 10 miles with car type antennas or maybe 50 to 150 or so miles with a good base antenna and would be less monitored

Ham Radio equip or even single side band CB communicatins are of course much more flexable and even though heavily sublect to propigation issues, more static and distortion, it is possible to stay in touch at great distances, ( MOON to EARTH ).and actually may be less effective for less distances than couple hundred miles, because of skip transmission issues...

The Ideal situation for a Survivalist would be to possess multiple kind of radio equip., and antenna options and charging options, and know when and how often to monitor and or use respective equipment.

Whitewolf
side_job

Post by side_job »

Whitewolf,
I was wondering if it was possible to bounce of sats. I know there are several FTA sats up, but I am not sure about actual bounce birds. This would be very helpful for nationwide comm, in event of social breakdown etc. Anyone have any actual tech experience with this type uplink systems?
whitewolf

Post by whitewolf »

Took me a while to obtain information on this one and I'm afraid that even though my job has to do with sats comms there are no folks of alike mind in the right place at the right time willing to openly share this kind of information

I havent totally given up yet but , as long as i have a good plan A in place i'm not going to panic Cowboy may have some input on this or someone else but what I know most about is the single side band and just limited to what I do specifically with sats towers and such.............But I'm still awaiting some info from a few I've asked....we will see meanwhile keep working on the communications end of your preparedness, even if it means buying some pidgeons....
( better think and pray some more about this)

Whitewolf