Can Openers

Food production and storage.
Watchman
Foreman

Can Openers

Post by Watchman »

Make sure that you have at least a couple can openers --- not in your kitchen, but on your pantry shelf. Don't want to be frustrated do you? Here is one of the greatest inventions of the modern world :lol: - think of how many millions of C-ration cans have been opened by these, the lowly P-38 can opener. My wife and I both carry one on our car key chain.

“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Can Openers

Post by Toepopper »

Yep, my wife and I both have one on our key chains. :lol: They work great and will last forever. We called them a John Wayne or a P-38 in the service.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Never had or used a P-38 before. I have considered purchasing some but, since I always have a Swiss Army Knife of some style in one of my pockets and dozens more in various locations in the house, I can usually find a can opener.
Now as to the multitude of other uses for a P-38, I'd say it has a Swiss Army Knife beat. 8)
308gun

Post by 308gun »

They now make a bigger p38 can opener, several stores have them in the camper supply area... , they work much more easy, and are on the better fingers.. :coffee: put one in your bug out bag, and auto etc........
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

Last year bought some of the P- 38s and the larger version they called the P-52 for opening the #10 cans. I too have them on my key ring and in all my backpacks and BOBs.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Imagine being stuck without a can opener. The next best tool to open a can with is your knife and this operation puts you at risk of slicing your own hide should the can slip/slide while trying to get it open. I have used my K-bar to open many cans in the field but this is risky and that little P-38 makes the chore easy. All female members of your party should also be carrying one. :thumbs:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

have you seen the communist ammo spam cans,, you will need a key,or some have a cheap can opener... do not wait till the heat of battle to try and open , or you may be using your knife and ax ... not something to do in a rush , I tape the opener with several runs of duck tape to keep it with the can too........some open like a big tuna can , others must be cut open........
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Damn good idea - taping those key openers down!
“Two is one, one is none”