Library

308gun

Library

Post by 308gun »

A good source of DVD/books/magazines/maps etc. lots information for free camping/outdoors/farming/survival/ and I got out the Marine sniper books Shooter and Kill zone by Jack Coughlin top Marine Sniper...and I asked the lady about a DVD had I took it out and she said we keep no records of what books and DVD's you take out...SAFETY too. :thumbs:
Watchman
Foreman

Re: Library

Post by Watchman »

If, in fact, they keep no records of what you take out, how do they know to send you a notice when you have a lost or overdue book? Seriously, I don't know about your library. In the old days this may have been true because all they did was date-stamp the card inside the book as to when it was due. I once received a letter of an overdue book by title and that is why I stopped using the library. Library cards have a bar code on the back which the attendant swipes before checking out books.
“Two is one, one is none”
308gun

Re: Library

Post by 308gun »

she said after returns it is deleted to save space. she could not tell what items I have taken out in the past , like the DVD, the items that are kept is what you ordered up from other branches , after returns they delete auto....that would take mass storage and the library has a small budget... a good way to save money .....and just the amounts alone would be next to impossible to go check... and you should see lots retired are using the library , plus school and collage kids...