Easy to make laundry detergent

bbj101

Easy to make laundry detergent

Post by bbj101 »

I did a little bit of research since there are quite a few different "recipes" on the internet, and i heard great things about this one.

1/3 bar of Fels Naptha soap
1/2 cup Borax powder
1/2 cup Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
Water
a bucket to mix/store

Grate or dice 1/3 of the fels naptha soap and put it into a large sauce pan. Add 6 cups of water and heat until soap melts. Add the washing soda and borax, stir until it has dissolved.
Pour four cups of tap water into your bucket, add your soap mixture and stir together. Add another 2o cups of water and stir to combine.

Let the soap cool and set up for about 12-24 hours. The consistency should be somewhat jello-ish and somewhat liquid.

Add a 1/2 cup to each load.

The role of the ingredients:

Washing soda helps to deodorize, but fighting grease and stains is the primary purpose. Look for it in the drug store or supermarket, in with the laundry and cleaning supplies.

Borax is awesome! It’s a natural stain remover and an excellent alternative to bleach, because it’s an anti-fungal/anti-mold and all-around disinfectant. Coupled with regular soap, it greatly increases cleaning power. Look for it in the drug store or supermarket, in with the laundry and cleaning supplies.

Fels Naptha is a stain remover. Also, in the laundry aisle.
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Easy to make laundry detergent

Post by Toepopper »

Didn't realize they still made Fells Naptha. It was a very popular treatment for removing poison oak oils from the skin and it worked well if you used it immediately after contact with the poison oak/sumac/ivy plants.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: Easy to make laundry detergent

Post by fern »

I have all the ingredients...will you come make it for me to try????
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin