1-Cup Coffee Maker and Coffee

Watchman
Foreman

1-Cup Coffee Maker and Coffee

Post by Watchman »

500.JPG
This is a handy gadget! We're tighter than a bull's butt with money and coffee keeps going up in price. Instead of using an electric coffee pot (most of which is un-drinkable after it sets a while) I bought this. It uses a #2 filter (which can go in your compost pile). I put three heaping scoops of coffee (for a good military cup) and pour hot water from the tea kettle. It takes about three times to get a full cup. After enjoying the first cup, I simply add another scoop of coffee to the grounds and do it again. It is virtually indistinguishable from the first cup. THEN it can go in the compost bucket. We never have to buy coffee because we get out-of-dates from our business. Here is another tightwad hint for coffee, though. You'll need a coffee grinder for this one. Buy the cheapest can of coffee you can find. The big 39-oz cans usually have coarse grind so you will run out quickly and buy again. I take the coarse-ground coffee and re-grind it into a very fine grind. I end up using less and because it is finely ground you will have a more intense cup of coffee.

:coffee2: :coffee:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Two is one, one is none”