Silver and Gold-Buying Regimen

Watchman
Foreman

Silver and Gold-Buying Regimen

Post by Watchman »

I've come to the conclusion that the time is now to accumulate silver and gold (if you can afford it). I have initiated a strict program to purchase these precious metals every month. I will buy strictly silver eagles and junk silver for two months. On the third month I will buy gold coins - at present, all I can afford are the $5 gold coins, which are running about $140 each in funny money. This isn't much of a commitment but all I can handle at the moment. My wife and I look at it this way. If nothing ever happens it will be a nice nest egg for us. :cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Silver and Gold-Buying Regimen

Post by Toepopper »

I hope you can find silver or gold as its getting scarce. Many dealers want to sell gold "futures" contracts as an investment. No thanks, I have enough toilet paper, I want the actual metal in my hands.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

I just sold some silver , still no profit , old silver from 20 + years ago, I found it was a waste of my time , but ammo that I had from 10 years ago made a 200% profit !
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I can't say I use silver and gold to make a profit although that too will come. I'm talking about a post-[Wash My Mouth]-hits-the-fan time period and leading up to that period. Isn't that what prepping is all about - survival? When the economy and society crashes there will be little manufacturing,except by those who have the skills to make something by hand. There will be no filled food shelves in Walmart. What you have in your pantry and what you have learned to grow will be it. As time goes on and people get more desperate federal reserve money will be nothing but worthless paper. Bartering will be king and people will barter all types of goods and services to get what they need. Among the items that will be barter manna will be ammo, food, coffee (remember that one folks). Gold and silver fluctuates now because of the games that the central bankers are playing to keep afloat. As in today, those who hold the gold make the rules and it will be no different in a PAW. I have talked with so many people and the signs are there in the ammo world - the fact that so much Russian powder is being sold, primers are scarce - one example of ammunition, 22 LR - can't find it. And don't forget you probably will be using ammo to protect whatever else you have prepared with. As ammo supplies go down and no hope for manufactured replacements arise, we're in for it! The very fact that there are shortages stems from three things: 1) the shortages are planned by those who hold the gold (I tend toward this one); 2) People are hoarding; and 3) the law of supply and demand. Demand far outreaches supply.

Preparedness doesn't always mean survival. I firmly believe those who survive will be the ones who create and maintain a balance of all: food, ammo, metals. Most important those who learn to produce their own food will have a step up on everyone. Otherwise it will be down it will boil down to survival of the fittest and eventually the unfit will be prey.

We're in stage 1 of the downfall now. Things are getting scarce, prices are rising, funny money is worthless.

Stage 2 will be the crash.

Stage 3 will be the PAW and those who have prepped AND - AND - AND - AND - have gained knowledge and how to raise their own food will survive. Others who don't will 'disappear'.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

P.S. No metals shortages here -- yet. When we went to buy the dealer told me that silver is getting a little tight but is available.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

have yes lots silver coin for after, been watching stories on Chase bank, They have been having lots banking big shots turn up dead , like falling out windows, they have to give some answers Feb.15,,, Will the Fed. save the banks or the dollar ??? Something big is up and soon ??? Ammo/food/water/ etc are a greater need for me... and saving lots seed to plant... it's not looking good too many are not ready or prepping etc...
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Here where I live, no one has the money to prep or purchase gold or silver, just get by from week to week. The chief dictator has closed off another hundred and fifty thousand acres to logging to save habitat for the marbled murolet (bird) so now even more people are out of work. The Round Prairie Sawmill has closed its doors eliminating more jobs. Money is tight, people are distressed and dismayed but el dictator keeps saying how good the economy is getting during this "year of action". There has been lots of military equipment moving north on flatbed trucks on the I-5 freeway, don't know where its going and last week there was a 3 mile long train loaded with tanks heading south through Portland Oregon. I agree that something may be about to happen.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I still say buy what you can! I normally buy silver eagles but they are getting a little more difficult to get. Last time I bought "rounds" which are the same weight and purity. These happened to be Liberty rounds. I just saw an article that gave me cause to think silver will get even more scarce and go up in price. It is now being used more extensively in printed circuit boards, which means that will impact the supply even more.
FLPrepper

Post by FLPrepper »

Every year the US Mint sells out eagles faster and faster - demand is certainly outpacing supply. Yes, we have had a recent boost in price to the $20 range, but the artificial price stops are still in place. No one knows when the manipulation may end, but you can bet it is still a great time to stock up particularly on 90% silver coins IF it is within your budget. I like 90% to bullion to because fakes (other than low mintage mercurys) don't exist - it is isn't worth the time for criminals to reproduce them. They are also very recognizable and, if SHTF, the smaller denominations can used to barter for smaller items.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I'm not saying there isn't a cheaper vendor but I have settled upon JM Bullion to purchase metals. They have free shipping on all orders and I really like their service. They also just added an option which is handy to me - they accept e-checks. So, all said and done, I bought two rolls of Roosevelt dimes (90%) and a single Peace silver dollar (90%) which keeps me right on my coin-buying budget.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Yes, indeed!