NEW and IMPROVED SAWBUCK Plans

Do-It-Yourself projects as they pertain to preparedness, survival, and security. Open to all members. NO RECREATIONAL OR NON-SUBJECT PROJECTS. Retention - permanent.

NEW and IMPROVED SAWBUCK Plans

Postby Watchman » 05 May 2016, 08:14

SAWBUCK.jpg

Building this, this weekend. I decided on a sturdier version using 4x4's.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Sawbuck/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." - Proverbs 22:3
Watchman
Administrator

Re: NEW and IMPROVED SAWBUCK Plans

Postby Watchman » 06 May 2016, 07:35

SAWBUCK2.jpg

DONE! About a two-hour job. Ain't she pretty? STURDY AS A BOULDER. I have tons of log sections (thick) that I am going to cut into 'pies' for firewood. Now I don't have to rent a log splitter, can work by myself without dragging my wife to help me. Love it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." - Proverbs 22:3
Watchman
Administrator

Re: NEW and IMPROVED SAWBUCK Plans

Postby Watchman » 12 May 2016, 15:58

This afternoon I tried the sawbuck for the first time. Wonderful.

I would make one change if I do his again. On the end with two upright supports I would put them closer together, maybe no more than a 4-inh gap. You'll be better able to cut wood pies if its closer together.

I was working by myself and not a single fraction of an inch did the logs move. Very safe!

Very highly recommended.

:cowboy:
Watchman
Administrator

Return to Construction and Do-It-Yourself (DIY)