gun show

acet7

gun show

Post by acet7 »

Going to a gun show tomorrow, gonna get a jump on items before the next election (want to beat the rush in case another dem gets in). Have any of you seen 22lr come back in your area? Down here in FL my walmart never has any.
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: gun show

Post by Toepopper »

None of the stores here on the left coast have any 22 on the shelves. Once in a while wally world does get some but its sold as fast as they unload it from the truck. I saw some Aguila 22 ammo at a gun show and they were asking $85 per brick of 550 rounds. Needless to say they didn't sell any at that price.
acet7

Post by acet7 »

just got back from the show, they had the 325rd 22 lr for $50 and the 525 rd 22lr for $65, i still have some i bought at wally world years ago 525 rd when they had the green price tags on them and it read $16.97. times have changed.I didnt pick any up because thats just too darn high of a price to pay.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Yes sir, thats sky high. Not too many working stiffs can afford that. I use to shoot up a 500 round brick every Saturday when it was cheap. I keep hearing rumors about the manufacturers starting to make more 22 ammunition but its still scarce and expensive. Glad I have a supply from yesteryear.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I can't claim that I had any special foresight on this, but several years ago I bought, and bought, and bought (after I had bought a Ruger 22-45 pistol. Happy to say I have a paint can with about 5K rounds.
“Two is one, one is none”
knobster

Post by knobster »

Gun show in my neck of the woods this weekend. I plan to head there with my son, fellow group member and his son on Sunday after church. Give thanks to God, worship Christ our savior, go look at guns. Going to be a great day...
308gun

Post by 308gun »

Gun shows have 22 LR but at high prices, have been able to get a few boxes of 22 L.R. at about $6.50 per box at Sports Af. and Academy big box stores ,Academy has a very large supply of pistols, long guns and tons ammo and even lots magazines for the AR or many pistols .. and good prices... :gangster:
knobster

Post by knobster »

The gun show was plenty of fun as usual. A few guys working the tables told me that is was the quietest show in awhile. (I imagine their history goes back to the Sandy Hook days when these shows were absolutely packed with customers.) There was quite a bit of 22lr around but in the 11¢ to 13¢ per round range. I have enough stockpiled so I won't pay those prices... yet. Reloading components were plentiful, including powder. Handgun prices were pretty decent. I looked at a S&W 38spc snubby for $299 that almost came home with me. Rifles prices were also not surprising. Oodles of AR-related goodies. I found 30-round Pmags for $10. Couple of years ago I bought them for $30. I found what I was looking for though: a stock for my 98K Mauser. Previous owner destroyed it by trying to 'sporterize' the stock so I now have all I need to bring it back to its former glory.