Gout

Watchman
Foreman

Gout

Post by Watchman »

Have any of you ever had gout or know of someone who did? What treatment (other than prescription medicine) is available? This is not a request for sources on the internet but your own personal experience. The research I have read is that fructose and sugar are the main culprits, along with alcohol - I don't drink but maybe one or two a year - also recommended is an NSAID such as ibuprofen, which I don't want to use only as a last resort. I do know that when I get an attack it happens to my right foot, third toe. It is so damn painful that I have to get off of it for a few minutes. The treatise I read recommended drinking a lot of water AND coffee, taking 1500mcg of Vitamin C daily (I take 2000) and a supplement called Cat's Claw. Experience and ideas only, no lectures please! :po'd:
“Two is one, one is none”
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: Gout

Post by fern »

20 drops twice a day of the CMD drops does the trick for a friend of mine that has gout in both feet and legs way too often. If he stays on the drops (in his coffee morns and water or whatever in the evening) he has no trouble. When he goes off them...after a month or two...it returns but he eats a terrible diet too.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Gout

Post by Toepopper »

I am 68 years old and had my first attack of gout last month, thought I had sprained my foot but the pain was concentrated in the big toe of the left foot. Hurt so bad I couldn't stand or place any pressure on that foot. Went to the VA hospital as soon as I could walk, 10 days later, they did a blood draw and noted my yuric acid levels were elevated. This is a good indication of gout. The doctor told me to not eat seafood and cut down on red meat as these two foods cause elevated yuric acid. I have eliminated these foods and have been without any more gout attacks.