Eclipse Over Wyoming

Eclipse Over Wyoming

Postby Watchman » 10 Aug 2017, 05:06

Is anyone worried about unknown side effects of the coming eclipse in it's path over Wyoming?
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." - Proverbs 22:3
Watchman
Administrator

Re: Eclipse Over Wyoming

Postby Toepopper » 14 Aug 2017, 15:11

What possible side effects could there be? Solar panels will quit producing for a short time during full black out but this time of year its almost irrelevant.
Toepopper
Patriot
Patriot

Postby Watchman » 15 Aug 2017, 05:11

A couple of local veterinarians are postulating that animals could be affected - sort of like they are when an earthquake is imminent. Another though is that in this narrow blackout zone communications could have burps.
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." - Proverbs 22:3
Watchman
Administrator

Postby Toepopper » 15 Aug 2017, 08:57

I guess we will find out for sure in a few days. I can remember a full eclipse happening when I was a kid and nothing happened with communications at that time but that was before the era of satellite communications technology.
Toepopper
Patriot
Patriot

Postby Watchman » 19 Aug 2017, 14:20

As far as Wyoming goes, those who live within the totality (70 miles) zone are charging $100 a night parking on their property for something God made for free.
:rant:
Watchman
Administrator

Postby Watchman » 22 Aug 2017, 13:44

EC3.jpg

This was at complete blackout from our deck. Because I did not have a filter on the camera you can't see the crescent. We were smack dab in the middle of the totality corridor. When it went dark, it was not black but extremely reduced normal. I kept my eye on the thermometer and temperature did not change. Yorkies were a little restless but unafraid to go out into the yard (when you gotta go!). The only thing we noticed out of the ordinary was static on our house phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Watchman
Administrator

Return to Wyoming (WY)