Off-Topic Posts

New members click "Register" at top of page to join. See you inside.
Watchman
Foreman

Off-Topic Posts

Post by Watchman »

This is one of the most persistent problems on any forum. We begin a conversation about "string beans" and then someone interjects their great like for "oranges" or they begin a rant or try to preach to the choir. You get my meaning, right? This does no one any good and clutters up the forum big time. The whole idea of this forum is "knowledge freely given, knowledge freely received". It is an online encyclopedia where people can do a search (yes, you can do this on each category) and find out about "apples OR oranges". It is very important to stay on topic and to post to the right forum category.

What happens next is that your off-topic post, rant, or sermon is deleted and you lose a number in your post count, which makes it more difficult for YOU to advance in your forum rank and receive the material rewards for doing so. It is possible that you could receive a forum"warning" if the post is abusive.

I absolutely hate moderating because it takes time, which is at a premium. I would prefer that no forum member is moderated but there are always some who just can't get along without having a personal soap box and try doing it their way.

:topic:
“Two is one, one is none”