WATER ????

308gun

WATER ????

Post by 308gun »

I just went to Walgreens RX to get some extra supplies , and where Iodine was a big note to ask at the RX counter for it so I did and was told that iodine was being used to make crack by drug dealers , I got one bottle with no questions , so now we are going to have to shop around real fast and stock up on iodine before it is banned too..... iodine is a must have to have safe water ... Also under survival/attacker times WATER also can be used as a weapon ....THINK OUT of the box on that too.. :( 308gun
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: WATER ????

Post by Toepopper »

If no iodine is available to purify water, an alternate purifying agent known as 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) will work and it does not have the adverse effects of chlorine or halizone tablets. One ounce of H2O2 added to 50 gallons of water will keep it drinkable for 6 months. Two ounces of iodine crystals will disinfect 4000 gallons of water. The simplest way to use iodine to purify a large container of water, like a 55 gallon drum, is to dissolve the iodine crystals in a quarter teaspoon of water and pour this water into the drum. It is best to filter the iodine out of the water with a charcoal water filter before drinking because excessive iodine, like chlorine and flouride, may cause bladder and kidney infections.