A safe zone ?

flatwater

A safe zone ?

Post by flatwater »

A safe zone needs a true exit strategy . Because there is no such thing as a safe zone. Eventually some one will find you given a day , a week , a year. the thing to remember is live to fight another day. There are a lot of things one can do to make a place safer but always have a good exit to rely on
308gun

Re: A safe zone ? from LOOTERS ?

Post by 308gun »

Doing a little thinking about safe zones ! As we all know soon as any type of breakbown , We have what are called LOOTERS ! This can and does happen very fast, worst area to be in is a Big city , any signs of this starting, leave or drop everthing at once lock car doors and drive out at once... get to what is home ground ,, always have bug out plan , extra exit ways out. even a boat rental may be your only way out , or private aircraft.. one guy pointed out to me , how he would get out of breakdown,his way to get out put old clothing on, and ride a bike out as the LOOTERS do their sfuff,, another wayout is to get a horse rental and follow the main Railroad tracks ,,, YES all cities or big towns still have the forgotten but still there rail lines, as a teen kid I would follow the rails out of city to do hunting... this even then was unknow to most people........traped in the city head to rail lines ... seems like few know about this still... TIME is of the upmost , because in a few days GANGS start to take over... :( 308gun P.S. there are also Hikeing trails in most area,s that may be used but this may have lots of people if you had to delay your out ,, keep this also in mind ! also setup plans with friends in other area,s that you may be in at the time..
Watchman
Foreman

Re: A safe zone ?

Post by Watchman »

308: Darned good ideas!
“Two is one, one is none”
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: A safe zone ?

Post by fern »

Since our family is spread out over many states, I invested in an atlas for each coupled with a single state road map of our mutual destination point. I highlighted, in different colors, the two paths of travel for each as well as typing up those directions separately and stapled in the atlas. Both paths of travel keep them off the highways and main intersections. They have destination points in the final state where we can watch for them and get them to the retreat. Our Christmas presents to each of our kids and grandkids this year is their own b.o.b., sleeping bag, cash/gas card, and silver. This gives a very small level of comfort as long as I don't think of the distance they must travel...
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin