Jeep CJ5

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Jeep CJ5

Post by Toepopper »

A couple of months back we had a discussion about alternate means of transportation and the only other escape vehicle I had was a pushpower wheelbarrow. I have decided to step up to a motorized vehicle and last month I purchased a 1980 Jeep CJ5. Its a moldy oldy but its in surprisingly good condition. I had to fix the brakes, new rear wheel cylinders and shoes, new front brake calipers and a new master cylinder. I did all the work myself, got my wife to help me bleed the brakes so this was a cheap fix. Also had to replace some light bulbs but now its ready to roll. This short wheelbase vehicle will turn around on a dime unlike the 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 truck I have been using and this will give me an advantage driving on these old logging roads and narrow mountain trails. I removed the back seat to make room for survival gear, tools etc and have a radar deflecting camoflauge net stored in a small canvas bag to be used if I have to disappear from ariel view. It gets good gas milage and is fun to drive.
Watchman
Foreman

Re: Jeep CJ5

Post by Watchman »

Congrats! That sounds like a winner.
“Two is one, one is none”