How to Make Ice

bbj101

How to Make Ice

Post by bbj101 »

Besides the obvious in winter there is a way to make ice using fertilizer (liquid) aka ammonium nitrate

You will need:
Ammonium Nitrate
A Bucket or Large Pot
A Smaller Metal Bowl
Water
Measuring Containers - At least two of these.

Mixing the coolant for making the ice:
Mix equal parts of ammonium nitrate and water in the bucket. Fill the bucket 3/4 of the way full with the mixture.

Place a smaller metal bowl on top of the rim of the bucket or large pot. Fill the smaller metal bowl half full of water. It will take several hours for the water to freeze into ice, but it will make ice.
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: How to Make Ice

Post by Toepopper »

Have you actually done this yourself and know from experience that the process works? This could be a lifesaver.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Just keep in mind that anyone purchasing ammonium nitrate is liable to be tracked by an alphabet agency. You may have to answer some questions at gunpoint.
“Two is one, one is none”
bbj101

Post by bbj101 »

Toepopper wrote:Have you actually done this yourself and know from experience that the process works? This could be a lifesaver.
I have not personally done this yet, but I intend on trying soon. I saw this done on a TV series called Jericho and did a lot of research before I posted it here.

I also looked into another bit of information, some Home Depots or Lowes actually carry it in stock, depending on locations of course but thats a possibility..