Umbilical Cord Stem cells

fern
Patriot
Patriot

Umbilical Cord Stem cells

Post by fern »

There is a doctor that has started using umbilical cord stem cells via IV for a host of maladies. I have personally spoken to 3 people that have purchased this very expensive protocol. Each had out of control type 2 diabetes with severe pain in their extremeties. Each no longer has any diabetes whatsoever. They no longer have pain. All three told me they feel thirty years younger, enjoy life again and eat whatever they want. They also sleep like babies. To say i am thrilled for each person would be very true and i wonder...what would stem cells do for a type 1? Dare i hope? Does it last?

The disclosures state that it takes six weeks before improvement begins but each person stated they noticed significant improvement in week two and continue to improve even now...four months later.

This doctor stresses that he only uses donated umbilical cord stem cells that have gone through a series of testing. Has anyone else heard of this or know anyone that has had this protocol?
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Umbilical Cord Stem cells

Post by Toepopper »

Nope, have never heard of this new approach and am unable to comprehend how it works with my feeble mind and minimal cranial capacity but hope that this news is true. Its gotten to the point where almost everyone I know has become diabetic and the only proven cure has been a pancreas transplant done to people with the most severe cases of diabetes.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

I asked each person if i can continue to contact them over the next couple years every month or two and they happily agreed. The cost of this one time protocol at this doctor is $10,000 which is about half of the cost of others. He offered it to me for $7,000 because he wants me to be his guinea pig as a type 1. I would absolutely love to be a guinea pig! I just happen to be $6,500 short of making it happen and the thought of taking on a care credit payment over five years doesnt sound appealing. On the flip side of that calculation is the fact that my pump supplies and insulin cost over $1500 per month. The math works IF the stem cells can also heal a type 1 with a pancreas stuck completely in nuetral.

This dr feels i have a better chance than a type 1 from childhood since my diabetes was due to medical drugs and i have only been a diabetic for not quite 3 years. If i were a type 2, i would be there already with that needle in my arm and skipping home feeling freedom returning to my life.

The three people i have spoken to are made up of two men and one woman. All have been diabetics for many years and running the risk of becoming type 1. They are between the ages of fifty and seventy two. The woman is 50 and was close to losing toes, could barely walk, had copd and was living on oxygen. She is now back to work in her flower shop that she had turned over to her daughter. The oldest man also had copd...is this from diabetes?...and was back to golfing and is planning a hunting trip with his sons later this year. Their stories fill you with hope.

If anyone wants this doctor's contact info, please send me a message.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

After reading about this new approach to possibly curing diabetes I found one site in particular, Cyro-Cell International, which gives an outline of three different stem cell based trial studies on type 1 diabetics. One test done by the Eastern Virginia Medical School used bone marrow stem cells from adult donors, another done by the University Of Wisconsin used blood from umbilical cords and the third study used stem cells from adults but did not mention where the cells came from. The results indicated that type 1 diabetics may be able to jump start the pancreas to start producing insulin again and type 2 diabetics have been cured by having stem cells placed into the blood stream via intravenous injection. So maybe there is hope for a cure to this curse of a disease.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

Do you remember each versions outcome? Were the umbilical cord stem cells successful in kickstarting the pancreas? I could never be involved in fetal tissue stem cells which is beyond wrong and those people need to rot. My understanding of bone marrow stem cells is that it is a painful process? But the donated umbilical cord stem cells make sense to me. I will try to find the info and thanks for sharing.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

There was no side by side/case by case results but a general overall success rate for type 2 diabetics and "moderate" or partial success with type 1 diabetics. You may read the studies from the U. of Wisconsin and Eastern Virginia Medical School as they are posted on the web. Or, parts of these studies and more pertinent information regarding this topic can be seen on the Cyro-Cell International web site.