A Question About Buying Gold and Silver

Watchman
Foreman

A Question About Buying Gold and Silver

Post by Watchman »

Surviving is almost 100% financial when you get down to it. I have a scenario and would like to know which road you would take.

1. You have a friend who is a local coin dealer. You call him up and say "i need 10 silver eagles". He has them and you fork over the cost plus about $2 more for markup. Cash from hand-to-hand, no paper trail.

2. You are acquainted with an online coin dealer and you can get the silver eagles $2 cheaper each and no shipping charge, which alone will enable 1 more silver eagle. Drawback: every purchase you ever made is on file.
“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: A Question About Buying Gold and Silver

Post by Toepopper »

For me I would choose option number one. This way there will not be any future early morning knock on the door from FINCEN agents to confiscate those coins. Possession of gold by private citizens has already been banned once in this country in 1933 when FDR outlawed it. Silver coins have never been outlawed yet but anything is possible so leaving a paper trail of your purchase is not the best choice.
sidejob

Re: A Question About Buying Gold and Silver

Post by sidejob »

In thinking about this I would choose option 2. I understand many of us are hesitant to be on a list, but the reality is that we all are already. In fact, there probably isn't a person on our site that isn't on quite a few lists, everything from accessing a freedom style site, to owning a protection device. The biggest point for me is that the reality of coming after my 20 pieces of silver versus going after someones vault of gold, I am way down the priority... and would hear about the confiscations long before the knock on the door. JMO