Extremely Safe & Frugal Way To Store Drinking Water In A Refrigerator or Cooler

Watchman
Foreman

Extremely Safe & Frugal Way To Store Drinking Water In A Refrigerator or Cooler

Post by Watchman »

This is an accidental discovery my bride and I devised. Okay, okay, over a period of time you must drink beer that comes in a green wide-mouth bottle (Mickey's from Coors). Green glass has always been a safe storage item for food or beverages. Save your beer bottles and remove the aluminum screw-on cap that comes with the beer. The replacement top is innovative. Use a twist-on prescription container top (you were going to throw it away anyway, right?). The top from the container has an inner-silicon seal that keeps the bottle tight, This is a confession of sorts. I buy a six-pack of beer and it lasts me 6 weeks! I will open a beer and drink half of it. I then screw the prescription lid on tightly and the fizz remains in the opened beer for two or three nights. Oh well, back to water. We washed the bottles, removed the labels, filled up the Berkey and then filled the water bottles. The wide mouth on the bottle makes them easy to wash in the dishwasher. Yes, this is dumb, but it actually works and we don't use (ugh) plastic to store cold drinking water.
20220808_082734.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Two is one, one is none”