Is It Time To Ditch Your Old Gas Lawnmower? (& All Your Other Gas Tools)

Watchman
Foreman

Is It Time To Ditch Your Old Gas Lawnmower? (& All Your Other Gas Tools)

Post by Watchman »

Many of us live in semi-urban, suburban, or rural areas in the east where a grass lawn is common. I never needed to water my lawn when I worked for NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and lived near Annapolis, Maryland. We moved there because I could practice my trick water ski competition sport on the nearby South River, a tributary to the Chesapeake Bay. When I retired we moved to the western desert in Lindon, Utah, only a few miles north of Provo, near our son, daughters, and 10 grandchildren. The house we chose still has a lawn that is watered with “grey water” using an underground sprinkler system.

We spend our summers on Laurel Lake in Three Lakes in northern Wisconsin, where our yard is mostly pine cones, dead leaves, and needles, and we don’t maintain a lawn at all. More recently we spend part of our winters in our daughter’s home in the “ultra-desert” in St George in southwest Utah. Her yard is mostly desert landscaping with cactus and gravel, and only postage-sized grass areas which are maintained by the property association. With the US southwest in a 1000+ year drought, it is clear that the lawns in the west that have been put in to remind owners of their previous homes in wetter climates need to be replaced with desert landscaping. ➡️ READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Is It Time To Ditch Your Old Gas Lawnmower? (& All Your Other Gas Tools)

Post by Toepopper »

In California they have outlawed the sale of all gas powered equipment, chainsaws, lawnmowers, generators, weed wackers etc. Brilliant move. They make a battery powered chainsaw but they are junk with no power and can only be used to branch trees. With no generators available for winter power, they will drive the homesteaders off their land. A solar system just will not supply enough sunlight in winter to top off the battery bank without a generator to charge the batteries. Most off grid homes need a gas powered water pump to top off the storage tank but now you can no longer purchase a water pump. Obviously governor Newsome is as crazy as a loon to believe solar power will be the future in his new Utopia. He has no technical common sense and is delusional to believe this theory about solar saving mother earth. Newsome is the nephew of Nancy Pelosi so crazy runs in the family.