Five Steps To Improve Your Shooting

Watchman
Foreman

Five Steps To Improve Your Shooting

Post by Watchman »

Looking back over the things I’ve written in the last several years, I’m surprised that I haven’t written more about self-defense and shooting in general. Last week’s article about clearing your home is one of very few articles that talks about the need to defend home and family. Yet if we’re honest with ourselves, we’re all at risk of our homes being invaded. That risk only increases in a time of crisis, when people are desperate for food and other basic supplies.

Guns aren’t the only way to defend yourself; but in this modern world and especially here in the United States, where there are an estimated 400 million privately-owned firearms, it’s the most sensible means. The old adage about not bringing a knife to a gunfight still applies and can be expanded to include swords, bows and tomahawks too. Anyone breaking into your home to get what you have is likely to be carrying a gun, even if it is just to intimidate you. About the only exception to that would be a burglar who is coming in when they know that nobody is home.

I’ve been shooting most of my life, since my dad first taught me at about the age of six. He gave me my first gun for my 12th birthday, the same day that I received my Hunter’s Safety Certificate (in Colorado). I’ve legally carried concealed for about 15 years and there may have been a few times I was carrying before that. Through my life, I’ve stopped four crimes from being committed against my person or against family members by being armed. Fortunately, I haven’t had to fire a shot yet; just being armed was enough to make the potential criminal decide it was a good time to be elsewhere. READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

“Two is one, one is none”