PREDATOR RELOCATION

Look in 'Joseph's Storehouse' for meat animals.
cowboy38229

PREDATOR RELOCATION

Post by cowboy38229 »

I've noticed BEE-PIPES has had some problems with a bobcat.Being it is illegal to set a steel trap on top of the ground in tennessee,unless it is a rubber jawed soft catch trap and that opens the door to catching every dog and cat in the neighborhood with the posibillity of injury.I would suggest a large livetrap and this is the best price i have found on this size trap.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=90218

My old trapping buddy,who is 78 years old ,stopped using steel traps 5 years ago bought 6 traps this size for almost double the price,but he can set them almost anywhere . when he got them I told him he wouldn't catch any thing in them but coons and he proved me wrong on numerous occasions.He's caught coons,fox,coyotes,bobcats,possums,dogs and cats,but he can release any thing he dosen't want to keep,no harm no fowl.
If you have an idea of where the cat approaches your property,set the trap in that general area ,I would also get a small chain and padlock and chain it to a small tree just in case.
As far as bait goes, if you happen to slaughter a chicken or a bunny use the scraps.Almost anything will work as long as it doesn't get to stinking to bad.
After you catch a bobcat and you want to relocate him to someone elses back yard take him far far away, bobcats have a large home range 10 miles for a female and 20 for a male .If you have one cat you probably have two and if it's a good territory for bobcats it wont take long for another to take it over.

When you release this cat remember this is not a big house cat, it is a predator capable of killing a deer and can inflict sever injury.

Try tying a rope to the release door and open it from inside a vehical and wait till he is out of sight to get your trap back.