The ultimate survival kit

badwuf

The ultimate survival kit

Post by badwuf »

My wife and I were discussing our 72 hour kits the other day when it occured to us that we have the ultimate survival kit and use it a few times a year for enjoyment. It is our motorhome. We bought an older motorhome a few years back for under $2000 dollars and have put over 30,000 miles on it. we always fill it with gas when we get home so it is ready for a 300 mile evacuation if it were needed. we alway keep 10 gallons of water, about a weeks worth of food and snacks, and the propane bottles full. We have clothes, bedding and radio and small t.v. We are truly ready to go at a moments notice and will be comfortable where ever we are. Like I said older motorhomes are available all over for under $2000, I have even seen some around $1000. They may need some cleanup but as a just in case tool I dont think they can be beat.
bobpick

Post by bobpick »

What, no satellite tv! ?! :D

They do work, and gas at these prices may be the only "gotcha" in the concept. A 300 mile bugout distance should be good too.

I keep adding small things to my bag. It should be a rule that you never forget to update your bag.
mjb9947

Re: The ultimate survival kit

Post by mjb9947 »

I picked up a antibiotic cream in Mexico along with children's anibiotics for my bag. Bought some anibiotics and other stuff for the family medical kit.
flatwater

Re: The ultimate survival kit

Post by flatwater »

My survival kit is a well stocked cabin deep in the back woods. Both the wife and I have sacrificed to have it but it's been a good investment. The best part is you can't see it from the air