For those who are looking for the "Strike Anywhere Matches"

WillyPete

For those who are looking for the "Strike Anywhere Matches"

Post by WillyPete »

I have found that most ACE hardware stores are a fairly reliable source for obtaining them.
I had looked in several retailers for strike anywhere matches but the only ones I could find were the standard strike on box type. The local ACE I usually use has dozens of boxes and I have been getting a couple of boxes each trip. They're only $1.49 a box here so I imagine they'd be a reasonable cost at any other ACE store. If I get a question or a questioning look, I tell them I use them in the woods a lot camping with my outdoors group every weekend.
I do know that these type matches can be purchased from numerous online sources but, I decided I wanted to avoid the shipping charges and any haz-mat charges that may be applied to shipping them.
If you're looking for strike anywhere matches, check with your local ACE hardware stores.
They also have other items that can be used in a survival type situation. Oil lamps, oil and wicks, kerosene and wicks for various heaters, Coleman fuel, Coleman lamps and mantles, cordage of all types, most any hand tool you could think of getting, containers of various sorts, propane, grills, fryers, canning supplies; jars, lids and bands and canners in some cases, I can go on and on.
Check your local ACE and other hardware stores for all your survival and existence needs.