Wheatgrass - The Ultimate Use of Your Hard Red Wheat

fern
Patriot
Patriot

Wheatgrass - The Ultimate Use of Your Hard Red Wheat

Post by fern »

... r_embedded

WHEATGRASS... Increases red blood cell count, lowers blood pressure...It cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract of debris. It stimulates metabolism and bodily enzyme systems in enriching the blood by increasing red blood cell count, and in dilating the blood pathways throughout the body, reducing blood pressure. Two ounces of the fresh wheatgrass juice is the equivalent of eating three whole pounds of vegetables when it comes to the minerals and vitamins included and will provide you with as much energy as drinking two to three cups of coffee.

Stimulates the thyroid, correcting obesity, indigestion, etc. The thyroid gland is also stimulated and normalized by the use of wheat grass juice - an important step toward the correction of obesity, indigestion and a host of other complaints.

Restores alkalinity to the blood...Wheatgrass has an alkalizing effect on the blood. Its abundance of alkaline min­erals helps reduce overacidity in the blood. It can be used to relieve many inter­nal pains. It has been used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other complaints of the gastrointestinal tract.

How to drink it...Ann Wigmore suggests drinking Wheatgrass juice in small amounts throughout the course of the day, always on an empty or nearly empty stomach. In general, two to four ounces every day or every other day is sufficient. Slowly sipping small quantities of the juice gives your body an opportunity to get used to its taste and effect. Taking one to two-ounce drinks straight or mixed with other juices (fruit & vegetable) and sipping slowly, will help prevent nausea or stom­ach upset. On a healing regime, Ann suggests you drink one or two oz up to 3 or 4 x a day. And to take one day of rest.

Powerful detoxifier and liver and blood protector...The enzymes and amino acids found in Wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine can. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies the liver, bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.

Fights tumors and neutralizes toxins....Recent studies show that Wheatgrass juice has a powerful ability to fight tumors without the usual toxicity of drugs that also inhibit cell-destroying agents. The many active compounds found in grass juice can cleanse the blood and neutralize and digest toxins in our cells.

Whether you have a cut finger you want to heal or you desire to lose five pounds...enzymes must do the actual work. The life and abilities of the enzymes found naturally in our bodies can be extended if we help them from the outside by adding exogenous enzymes, like the ones found in Wheatgrass juice.

Remarkable similarity to our own blood...The 2nd important nutritional aspect of chlorophyll is its remarkable similarity' to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. Dr. Hagiwara a Japanese science and health educator, is a leading advocate for the use of grass as food and medicine. He reasons that since chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, and since fat particles are absorbed directly in to the blood via the lymphatic system, that chlorophyll can also be absorbed in this way. In other words, when the "blood" of plants is absorbed in humans it is transformed into human blood, which transports nutrients to every cell of the body.

Wheatgrass implants reverse damage from inside the lower bowel...In the case of illness, they stimulate a rapid cleansing of the lower bowel and draw out accumulations of debris. Hold for 20 minutes.

Externally eliminates itching almost immediately...Wheatgrass juice externally applied to the skin can help eliminate itching al­most immediately.

It will soothe sunburned skin...and also acts as a disinfectant. Rubbed into the scalp before a shampoo, it will help mend damaged hair and alleviate itchy, scaly scalp conditions.

Wheatgrass juice is soothing and healing for...cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, poison ivy, athlete's foot, insect bites, boils, sores , open ulcers, tumors & so on.

As a sleep aid...merely place a tray of living Wheatgrass near the head of your bed. It will en­hance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help you sleep more soundly. Use as a poultice and replace every two to four hours.

Add some to your bath water...and settle in for a nice, long soak.

Gargle with wheatgrass...to sweeten the breath and firm up and tighten gums.

Don't cook it...We can only get the benefits of the many enzymes found in grass by eating it uncooked. Cooking destroys 100 percent of the enzymes in food.

Neutralizes toxins...Wheatgrass neutralizes toxic substances like cadmium, nicotine, strontium, mercury and polyvinyl chloride.

The benefits of a liquid oxygen transfusion...Wheatgrass juice contains liquid oxygen. Oxygen is vital to many body pro­cesses: it stimulates digestion (the oxidation of food), clearer thinking (the brain utilizes 25 percent of the bodily oxygen supply), and protective oxygenation of the blood (a defense against anaerobic bacteria). Cancer cells cannot exist in the presence of oxygen.

Turns gray hair to its natural color again, raises energy levels...Daily consumption of Wheatgrass and sprouts can turn gray hair to its natural color again, and give you a limitless energy level.

Beauty treatment that slows down the aging process...Wheatgrass will cleanse your blood and help rejuvenate aging cells, slowing the aging process down, way down, making you feel more alive now. It will help tighten loose and sagging skin.

Lessens effect of radiation...One enzyme found in Wheatgrass, SOD, lessens the effects of radiation and acts as an anti-inflammatory compound that may prevent cellular damage fol­lowing heart attacks or exposure to irritants.

Restores fertility...Wheatgrass restores fertility and promotes youthfulness.

Just soaking in it can double your red blood cell count...Dr. Bernard Jensen, found that none of the blood builders are superior to green juices and Wheatgrass. In his book Chlorophyll Magic from Living Plant Life, he mentions several cases where he was able to double the red blood cell count in a matter of days merely by having patients soak in a chlorophyll-water bath. Blood building results occur even more rapidly when patients drink green juices and Wheatgrass regularly.

Ann Wigmore on her own experience with wheatgrass...At fifty years of age my hair was gray, I had a terrible case of colitis and other colon problems, I suffered from low energy and had no clear direction in life. Out of desperation I turned to nature for relief. ...In Wheatgrass, raw foods and exercise, I found what I feel is as close to the fountain of youth as we are going to get. Twenty-five years after my discovery, my hair was turned fully natural brown again. My weight has been a stable 119 and my energy level is limitless...

What's So Great About Wheat Grass Juice?*

1. Wheatgrass juice is 70% chlorophyll.

2. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and con­tains more light energy than any other element.

3. Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.

4. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.

5. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.

6. Chlorophyll is anti-bacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer.

7. Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes min­utes to digest Wheatgrass juice and uses up very little body energy.

8. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.

9. Chlorophyll (Wheatgrass) rebuilds the blood­stream. Studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal with 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be ex­tremely anemic or low in red cell count.

10. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on Wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chloro­phyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hor­mones.)

11. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but Wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it ab­sorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.

12. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivo­rous animals alive indefinitely.

13. Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using Wheatgrass.

14. Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them over.

15. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of Wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrots, lettuce, celery and so on.

16. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.

17. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.

18. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.

19. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.

20. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even removes scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet must be improved at the same time.

21. In The American Journal of Surgery (1940), Benjamin Cruskin. M.D. recommended chlorophyll: to clear up foul-smelling odors, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, over­come chronic inner-ear inflammation and infec­tions, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.

22. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant.

23. A small amount of Wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth decay.

24. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches and poisons from gums.

25. Gargle with wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.

26. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of Wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area in mouth or chew Wheatgrass. Spit out out pulp.

27. Drink Wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.

28. Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.

29. By taking Wheatgrass juice, one may feel a difference in strength, endurance, health, and spiritual­ity and experience a sense of well-being.

30. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.

31. It is great for blood disorders of all kinds. 32. Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.

33. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.

34. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal organs. After an enema, wait 20 minutes, then implant 4-ounces of Wheatgrass juice. Retain or 20 minutes.

35. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open. It is high in magnesium.

36. Dr. Birscher a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power." He said, “Chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus and the lungs."

37. According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll (Wheatgrass) as a body cleanser, rebuilder and neutralizer of toxins.

38. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.

39. Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure as it enhances the capillaries.

40. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.

Wheatgrass Can Change Your Life - An interview with Ann Wigmore

For the past forty years, medical researchers and professionals have been frequently discussing and researching wheatgrass. It is now classified as a super food and it is celebrated for the amazing nutritional content, its' cleansing capabilities, cell regeneration, and its' form, which is very easily digested and used by the body. Just the high chlorophyll content of the wheatgrass has been enough to start many people taking some form of wheat grass every day. If you are looking for one thing that can totally change your life - wheatgrass is it! There are so many benefits that can be experienced with this super food that you'll be amazed at the changes it can make. So, let's take a look at some of the benefits of wheatgrass that can totally change your entire life.

Why should I drink wheatgrass juice?

Wheatgrass juice will provide you with more energy by fulfilling nurtitional deficencies and by removing wastes that clog your cells, blood, tissues and organs. I firmly believe that even so called "healthy" people can live their lives at an even higher level of energy and mental concentration. We have all read the horror stories concerning environmental hazards that our bodies are subjected to as a result of our highly developed industrial and technical lifestyles: all forms of pollution (air, water, sound, etc.); chemicals in our food and water; radiation given out by televisions, computers, and other high-tech machines; and so on. When the body is subjected to these hazards it loses its balance, resulting in loss of energy, inability to concentrate, and depression, not to mention other more devastating degenerative conditions. It has been scientifically shown that wheatgrass juice neutralizes these environmental toxins, allowing the body to balance itself and operate at maximum efficiency.

How much wheatgrass juice should I drink each day?

As a daily nutritional supplement and "environmental- hazard neutralizer", I would recommend 1 or 2 ounces per day, taken on an empty stomach, preferably before a meal. If a juicer is unavailable, the grass can be chewed and the pulp discarded.

You just mentioned that wheatgrass is also a nutritional supplement. Can you elaborate?

First of all, it is not a supplement. It is a complete food. Of all the valuable compounds contained in wheatgrass juice, chlorophyll is one of the most important. If it were not for its delicate nature, I think it would be one of the top weapons in the medical arsenal. Its instability is of no concern to us, however, because we can grow, juice, and drink wheatgrass without having to store it for long periods.

Most importantly, I want to educate people about the Living Food Lifestyle that I developed around wheatgrass. Among other activities, this lifestyle involves growing wheatgrass for oneself. Besides being inexpensive, this indoor gardening helps to calm the mind and relieve stress. By using my indoor composting techniques, a person returns to nature and, as a result, experiences pride that he/she is really contributing to the healing of this earth and toward a more peaceful and healthy life for all of us.

Furthermore, much is to be learned about the care of children and the elderly with wheatgrass and the Living Food Lifestyle.

I never intended my knowledge of wheatgrass to be used by money-hungry promoters of health to exploit innocent health- seekers. Instead, I lovingly encourage health-seekers to take 100% control of their lives and to learn to supply their own wheatgrass needs themselves.

When one makes the transition to the Living Food Lifestyle one understands the Miracle of Wheatgrass.

What is chlorophyll?

Chlorophyll is a proteinous compound found in the green leaves of plants and grasses. It converts the sun's energy into a form that plants, animals and people can use. Thus it is sort of a living battery. (Think Energizer Bunny) Also important is its remarkable similarity to hemoglobin, (Think Healthy Blood) the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. We have all read that an oxygen-rich body is a healthy one.

Besides chlorophyll, what other nutrients are contained in wheatgrass juice?

The nutritional structure of wheatgrass is very close to that of our body; in other words, it contains all of the necessary vitamins, minerals and protein that our body needs. (Your body would have to be exceptionally efficient for this to be true.) I could fill up a book describing the wealth of elements in wheatgrass juice. (The Wheatgrass Book.) I do want to say, now, that wheatgrass juice provides these elements together in exact proportions that nature intended. NO SUPPLEMENTS with their truncated, "mega-dose" quantities can provide the body with the nutrients found in wheatgrass juice. The vitamins and minerals should be taken only as nature intended -- that is, in whole foods.
I understand. However, could you talk about some of the vitamins and minerals that concern many people today, like Vitamins C, A, B and E? Also, what about minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium?

Vitamin C: Nutritionally, wheatgrass contains about the same amount of Vitamin C as citrus and other fruits, and more than common vegetables like tomatoes or potatoes. As you know, Vitamin C is important to the health of the skin, teeth, gums, muscles, and joints. It also aids general growth and development and acts as an antioxidant.

Vitamin A: Wheatgrass juice supplies about as much Vitamin A as dark green varietes of lettuce and more than most fruits. Vitamin A is essential for normal growth and development, good eyesight, and reproduction. The Vitamin A found in liver, fish oils, animal foods, and most vitamin supplements accumulates in the liver and becomes toxic in large doses.

Vitamin E: Without enough of this fat-soluble vitamin, we would face muscle degeneration, sterility, and slower healing of wounds and infections. Vitamin E, an antioxidant and fertility vitamin, is also a protector of the heart. The type of Vitamin E found in wheatgrass is about ten times more easily assimilated by the body than any of the synthetic varieties.

Calcium: Wheatgrass is a good source of calcium, which helps build strong bones and teeth and regulates heartbeat, in addition to acting as a buffer to restore balance to blood pH.

Aren't dairy products the best source of calcium?

I do not recommend that you use milk or dairy as regular food items because they are too rich in saturated animal fats and cholesterol. After it has been pasteurized, homogenized, and supplemented with synthetic Vitamin D, milk is difficult for the average person to digest. Keep in mind calcium cannot be properly absorbed unless other trace minerals are present along with it. Wheatgrass, as I said before, contains the optimal balance of vitamins and minerals so that all nutrients, especially calcium, are properly absorbed.

The elements in wheatgrass and, in particular sodium.

Our bodies do need sodium to aid digestion and elimination, and to regulate the amount of fluid in the body. However, most Americans consume far too much it in the form of sodium chloride (NaCl, table salt) and in food additives such as MSG. One proof of our need for sodium is the fact that our normal blood contains five (5 gr.!) grams per pint. Wow! Wheatgrass, as expected, provides only this minute amount, thus making it an ideal and safe supplement for those on a sodium-resticted diet. Now, let me complete the mineral category. (For Organic Sodium: Use lots of raw celery and moderate sea vegetables.)

Iron: Without enough iron, we can easily become tired or anemic as many women's health do during menstruation due to loss of iron. Inorganic iron is often constipating, but the iron salts in wheatgrass have no side effects. In juice form, wheatgrass contains about half as much iron as spinach or other greens that are good sources of iron. Unlike spinach, beet greens, or chard, however, wheatgrass contains little or no oxalic acid -- an element in the above mentioned foods that binds the usable calcium in the system and can leach calcium from teeth and bones, and cause kidney stones.

Potassium: Potassium, called the youth mineral by some nutritionists, helps maintain a smooth mineral balance, and balanced body weight. It also tones the muscles, firms the skin, and promotes overall beauty. (So does MSM.) Fruits, especially bananas, are well-known for their good supply of potassium. Wheatgrass juice contains about as much potassium as citrus fruits, grapes, apples and melons.

Magnesium: You will find about as much magnesium in wheatgrass as in broccoli, Brussel sprouts, beets, carrots, or celery. Magnesium is important for good muscle function and for bowel health, as it aids eliminative functions. I believe that this mineral is also responsible for drawing fat out of the liver, in cases of fatty infiltration there.

Doesn't protein come from heavier foods like meat and dairy?

More than 50 percent of the dry weight of our body is protein. We therefore need to eat foods that contain a protein structure nearly identical to our body's. The protein found in meat and dairy is far from having the ideal protein structure. This structure is further distorted by cooking. A meat- and dairy-eating body overworks to adapt to these foreign protein sources, and learns how to extract and reform necessary nutrients. the unused portions, wastes, are then stored in the body as fat and other toxic residues. When the work becomes overwhelming for the body, it begins to degenerate, causing a breakdown of the immune system and structural damage to organs and body tissue. It makes much more sense to ingest protein that resembles the protein structure in our body. Wheatgrass juice protein is the optimal form of protein.

What about amino acids and their relationship to protein?

Proteins are composed of smaller proteinous "chains" called amino acids. Amino acids can be compared with raw materials used in building a house, whereas enzymes do the actual building. Together, enzymes and amino acids are responsible for cell renewal and a huge array of diverse functions, from the creation of hormones to the building up of muscles, blood, and organs.

Could you elaborate on the so-called 8 essential amino acids?

Again I want to stress that we cannot separate the body elements as they do in the laboratory. All amino acids are necessary in the proper proportions, as found in wheatgrass juice. When we separate these and try to take large doses of any particular element, we create a body imbalance, (split-mind), however subtle that may be, and a toxic condition. (I know.)

Amino acids are involved in many systems and functions. Let it suffice to say that they are essential to proper digestion and assimilation of foods, strong immunity from disease, rapid healing of cuts and wounds, proper liver function, and regulation of our mental awareness. Above all, the action of the amino acids on cells in the process of self renewal rejuvenates us and prolongs life. A deficiency of just one amino acid can easily result in allergies, low energy, sluggish digestion, poor resistance to infection, and premature aging. The replacement of that amino acid can easily result in the complete reversal of these symptoms. In essence, adequate supply of amino acids can make the difference between fair health and low energy levels, and "work arounds"vital health sites, mental clarity, and strong resistance to germs and other microbes.

Wheatgrass juice provides all of the amino acids in their proper balance. Could you briefly describe these amino acids?

Lysine is one amino acid that is receiving attention as a potential anti-aging factor. Body growth and blood circulation are fostered by this important amino acid. Without enough lysine, our immune response weakens, sight may be affected, and fatigue occur. Another essential, isoleucine, is also needed for growth, especially in infants, and for protein balance in adults. A deficiency of isoleucine could end in mental retardation, as it affects the production of other amino acids.

Leucine is an amino acid that keeps us alert and awake. An adequate supply of leucine is necessary for anyone who wants to experience high-energy living.

Another amino acid you may have heard of is tryptophane. It is essential for building rich, red blood, healthy skin, and hair. Working with the B-complex vitamins, tryptophane also helps to calm nerves and stimulate better digestion.

But I recently read at health sites that tryptophane caused some very severe conditions in people who took it.

My dear, as I said before, we cannot separate nutrients. You are talking about people who took large quantities of tryptophane in supplement form. Of course this would cause imbalance. We should only rely on nature's storehouse of vitamins and minerals. Wheatgrass juice is the best, due to its perfect balance of living elements.

I'm sorry. Please continue with your description of the amino acids.

Other essential amino acids include phenylalanine, which aids the thyroid gland in its production of the thyroxin hormone -- necessary for mental balance and emotional calm; threonine, which stimulates smooth digestion, assimilation of foods, and overall body metabolism; and valine, which activates the brain, aids muscle coordination, and calms the nerves. A deficiency of valine may lead to nervousness, mental fatigue, emotional outbursts, and insomnia.

The last of the eight essential amino acids in methionine, which helps cleanse and regenerate kidney and liver cells. It also may stimulate hair growth and mental calmness. Its effect is nearly opposite that of leucine; methionine calms rather than hypes the emotions and mental processes.

Briefly, some of the other amino acids in wheatgrass are: alanine, a blood purifier; arginine, which is especially vital to men's health, since seminal fluids contain large amounts of it; aspartic acid, a helper in the conversion of food into energy; glutamic acid, which improves mental balance and provides for smooth metabolic function; glycine, a helper in the process whereby cells use oxygen to make energy; histidine, which seems to affect hearing and nervous functions; proline, which becomes glutamic acid and performs the same tasks; serine, a stimulator of the brain and nerve functions; tyrosine, which aids the formation of hair and skin and prevents cellular aging.

Why should everyone drink wheatgrass juice?

In essence, the same life force in nature that explodes into groceries every spring can be transferred into the human body via the consumption of wheatgrass juice. The body can then use this super-nutritious, vital energy to heal and repair itself as needed.
II. Wheatgrass and the Living Food Lifestyle

Is drinking wheatgrass juice sufficient for improving one's health dramatically?

While drinking wheatgrass juice will, in itself, result in many wonderful changes, anyone who wants to experience optimal health and energy should adopt the Living Food Lifestyle.

What do health sites say about the Living Food Lifestyle?

The Living Food Lifestyle is a total approach to life. Living food is food provided by nature, organically grown and in its original uncooked state. I provides the body with the life-giving nourishment which is needed to strengthen the immune system. Seeds, grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables in their natural, uncooked state are the ingredients which comprise this lifestyle. When eaten in an easy-to-digest manner, this food is the key factor in restoring and strengthening a weakened immune system.

What comprises "easy-to-digest" nourishment?

The methods I use include blending, fermenting, and the use of sprouting and growing greens organically indoors. Foods prepared in this form allow the cells to absorb fully the life force energy produced by enzymes in Living Foods.

Do you have any easy-to-digest recipe that you could share with us that could be easy for anyone to prepare?

Yes. No other health sites promote this. I call it "energy soup". I start with a fruit base (apple, watermelon rind, or pineapple) and blend it with rejuvelac and some sea dulse. Then I add as many handfuls of fresh greens (buckwheat & sunflower sprouts are BEST) as the blender can hold (and then some!) Finally I add a small avocado or ripe banana to thicken it. I prefer this soup to a salad and find that my concentration is immediately increased after an energy soup meal.
What is Rejuvelac?

The recipe for rejuvelac is explained in detail in all of my books, but, let me give you a brief description. I soak 1/2 quart of soft, spring wheat berries in spring or purified water for 12 hours. Then I drain them and let sprout for 2 days (prox.), rinsing as needed (a.m. & p.m. is good). Afterwards, I put the sprouted wheat berries in a gallon jar and fill to the top with purified water. and let it sit, covered, at room temperature. After 48 hours the soak liquid is "rejuvelac" and has a slight lemony flavor. I drain this off into another container for immediate use (or refrigerate it for later use). Then I refill the gallon jar with more purified water. (You can get up to 3 batches.)

...using the same wheat berries?

Yes. No other health sites promote this. But this second batch requires 24 hours to become rejuvelac. After that, I feed the berries to the birds outside. They really look forward to that treat.

What is so special about rejuvelac?

Rejuvelac is an organic fermented drink and, as such, contains friendly bacteria (clean process required) necessary for the colon. Furthermore, it contains extra enzymes to aid in food digestion and prevents oxidation (of energy soup) when blending.

Can Rejuvelac be taken with wheatgrass juice?

Absolutely, although I believe that wheatgrass juice alone is the best. Many people, though, find that wheatgrass juice mixed with an equal part of rejuvelac makes the wheatgrass juice more palatable.

Can wheatgrass juice be mixed with other juices?

Again, wheatgrass juice assimilates best by itself. However, if a person is not working on turning around a severe degenerative condition, wheatgrass juice mixed with other juices can make a tasty drink. Some of my favorites are wheatgrass with parsley juice, wheatgrass juice with carrot juice, and wheatgrass juice with apple juice. However, since, each person is different, one should see how these, or other mixes agree with one's body.

I'm beginning to see that, for ultimate health and vitality, a complete change in lifestyle is necessary.

Yes and no. It is true that the Living Food Lifestyle appears to be a radical change when compared to the other SAD health sites: Standard American Diet (& work arounds). However, the foods in the Living Foods Lifestyle are those that nature intended for us to eat. Even in cases of severe degerative conditions, people who adopt the Living Food Lifestyle quickly achieve a balance in their lives and a spiritual connection with nature. This spiritual connection was always there; it was just camouflaged under diets that clogged their senses.

How long does it take to learn the fundamentals of Living Food preparation?

This health site promotes 10 day classes. It takes only a short time to learn all the fundamental kitchen tequeniques for the Living Food Lifestyle. Once you dedicate yourself fully to learning them, you will begin to benefit at once.

III. Wheatgrass Juice as Nature's Healer

You mentioned briefly that wheatgrass juice can reverse certain deficiencies in the body. To what extent can it reverse severe degenerative diseases?

Wheatgrass juice is truly a miracle-worker. I can quote countless examples of people who were near-death, afflicted with hopeless degenerative conditions, and who totally rejuvenated their bodies with the self-healing qualities of the wheatgrass juice and the Living Food Lifestyle. (The webmaster is one of 'em, Yo Mate. Eat like a Kangaroo.)

What quantities should a person take in order to heal a degenerative condition?

This is a personal matter. One thing is for sure: start slowly with 1 or 2 ounces per day. Try increasing the amount up to 6 ounces or more. However, remember that wheatgrass is a treatment for an illness and that we must remove the causes of the disease by adopting the Living Food Lifestyle to give the body the means to rebuild health through its natural self-healing abilities.

What if someone really can't tolerate drinking the juice?

There was a student of mine with severe leukemia who couldn't eat or drink anything because of the extent of her condition. of course, she couldn't drink wheatgrass. So I asked myself how I could help her get the benefit from the wheatgrass. Then the idea came to put some wheatgrass juice in a syringe and administer it as an "implant". In this way the portal vein was able to suck up the juice and distribute it without the juice having to pass through the digestive tract.

Did it work?

Very well. In fact, after a week she was out of bed and walking around, something she hadn't done for a long time. Her condition continued to improve with the regime. Eventually, she regained her strength completely.

Do you recommend implants for everyone or just for those who can't drink the juice?

I recommend implants for everyone. For optimal absorption I recommend taking an enema before the implant. If the enema flush is not clean, take another enema. Then, fill the syringe with wheatgrass juice and insert the implant. Try holding the implant for at least twenty minutes, if possible, to maximize absorption.

How often should a person take an implant?

At least twice per day, depending on their condition.

Aren't enemas habit forming?

Not when there is an ongoing effort to improve one's nourishment intake. A clean colon is essential to good health. Dr. Bernard Jensen has documented significant improvement in people's health through enemas and colonics alone. Enemas are a major part of the Living Food Lifestyle. During a strict cleansing period, when someone is trying to reverse a severe degenerative condition, one or two enemas should be taken each day. Otherwise, someone should take an enema when their body indicates it.

When is that?

Whenever the person feels a headache (indicating absorption of fecal waste back into the system, rare if you live the lifestyle.) or general sluggishness and depression. I even give my dog Precious enemas when she isn't her usual, cheerful self.

Are there other ways to cleanse the colon with wheatgrass?

If someone needs to clean the colon thoroughly and enemas don't seem to be enough, one could do a "high implant"; that is, put the implant wheatgrass into an enema bag, inserting the catheter tube all the way in so that the juice goes directly to the transverse colon. After twenty minutes the implant should be excreted and an enema performed.

What if someone does not have clean water available for enemas?

Boil water and let cool to less than 103 deg.F. Or, when using questionable water, add 1 ounce of wheatgrass juice in top the enema bag. If you do this, it will neutralize the poisons. It always feels best to use warm water.

What is your opinion of using wheatgrass during a strict fast?

Generally, I do not advise strict fasting at all. The Living Food Lifestyle allows the body to cleanse and rebuild at the same time. Especially for people with digestive problems, a fast can cause rapid weight loss, which is undesirable. However, a reasonably healthy person can safely experiment with a wheatgrass and rejuvelac fast for attaining higher levels of awareness. From my observation, the average person can handle a three-day fast with no complications. Since wheatgrass is simultaneously a complete food and a cleanser, a three-day wheatgrass juice and rejuvelac fast can give a wonderful rest to the digestive system.

Have you observed anyone who fasted for an extended period of time?

Robert Smith, who has been my gardener for several years, experimented for five months with wheat as his only food. Of course, he had already followed the Living Food Lifestyle for more than four years and was extremely healthy when he started working for me. He wanted to test whether or not the amino acids in wheatgrass juice alone would sustain his body while he was working full-time and lifting weights. During the experiment, he actually gained several pounds and experienced many benefits, such as, clearer sense perception and increased mental and emotional calmness.

IV. Wheatgrass for Pets and Children

D. Ann, I have a personal question to ask. I have a dog that is sick ans has fleas. How could I help it with wheatgrass and the Living Food Lifestyle?

First of all, you would have to make some changes in his eating habits because the chemicals in pet food bring on bad health. When I bought my dog Precious, she was 6 months old and was very sick. Her certificate stated that she had all of her shots as was perfectly healthy. However, she had ear and eye infections, worms, fleas and rotten teeth. I suspect she had never really been examined.

So, how did you help her back to health?

First of all, I gave her wheatgrass in her eyes and ears. At that time I was feeding her baby food that was recommended by her previous owner. It was the only thing she could digest due to her digestive problems. But, slowly, I began to change her diet. I tried to feed her some avocado, but that was too heavy. Then, I started to feed her the same energy soup that I eat, and she began to improve quickly.

Did you throw away her old food?

No. In fact, I continued to put her old food on top of the soup. Everything improved except her flea condition, so I began to cook her dog food myself, which was basically chicken. Once I began to sprinkle this ground chicken on her soup instead of the dog food, her flea condition cleared right up.

How long did it take her to become vegetarian?

She never did become strict vegetarian. I still prepare chicken for her. Her meals now consist of energy soup with a very little amount of organically-grown, cooked and ground chicken.

How is her energy level now?

When I got Precious she was six months old and slept all the time due to her toxic condition. Now, at 9 years old, she sleeps very little and plays with the energy of a puppy.

Can't pets be vegetarians?

Absolutely. I had a cat and a dog once that were raised on living food. The dog was a large poodle and extremely healthy. He didn't had the digestion problems that Precious has. Also, Precious was very finicky. When I got Precious, she was skin and bones. Even though she's back to normal weight now, she is still a light eater. She usually eats only two small meals each day.

What would be your recommendation for changing a pet's diet?

Give them energy soup as a base. Sprinkle a little bit of food on top that they were used to eating. Stay with this for a while and then reduce the amount of pet food.

...until the pet is completely vegetarian?

This depends on the pet. Use your own intuition. If an animal has severe digestive problems like Precious, always give it small amounts of the food that it is used to, along with the soup.

Do you advocate a "transition" period for humans?

I have met may people who spend years in their so-called "transition" period and will probably spend their lives on a transitional diet. When ready, a person can switch to the Living Food Lifestyle directly.

What about children?

This past year, I had three separate experiences with children and the Living Food Lifestyle. One was a four year old girl who had been born with allergies and was frightfully depleted, with bloated stomach and face. Her mother had to force her to eat because the girl got sick revery time she ate. I even had to keep my dog Precious in a separate room because the girl was allergic to her. It took the girl three days to get used to energy soup. Once she did, though, the bloating in her face and stomach went down and she was carrying Precious around with her. It was real miracle performed in less tha two weeks. There was another girl who came had had three cancer operations. She couldn't digest anything, so I started her on small quantities of coconut water. Then, she was able to drink rejuvelac with raw honey. After several days she started eating energy soup. At the end of the her three-week stay, she had made tremendous progress toward good health. A third girl came here who had already had an operation. She was terribly frightened because she thought this was another hospital. It took her 5 days to learn that everything was fine here and that we wouldn't hurt her. She really took to almond milk and, very soon, was drinking avocado smoothies (avocado, apple, and rejuvelac). So, you see, every child is different. But, remember, for people who have digestion problems (children and elderly in particular), the key is to blend foods with rejuvelac.

How would you incorporate wheatgrass therapy for pets or children?

I tried giving Precious wheatgrass juice in her mouth with a dropper and she wouldn't take it. Children generally react the same way. However, for infected areas, like the eyes and ears, wheatgrass works wonders. I constantly get calls from mothers who have had success helping their children's infections with wheatgrass.

V. Growing Wheatgrass and Juicing

How do I get wheatgrass?

The best and cheapest way to get wheatgrass is to grow it yourself. Use hard red winter wheat, hard spring wheat or soft spring wheat (preferred in that order) for this process. (Barley, Rye and Kamut can also be used, but, are even stronger tasting.) Give me back my wheagrass, wow!!. Use 10" x 20" x 2" nursery trays with 1" soil, interlaced with empty 10" x 20" x 1" tray for a better seal during stacking. (Average cafeteria trays work, but, they are expensive and not as versatile.) For each tray, soak 1 cup (when dry, will expand to 1 3/4 cup) for nursery trays. Double the water to the grains and let them soak for 6 to 8 hours. Afterwards, drain the water and sprout the grain at room temperature for 15 hours. Then, spread about 1" of organic earth evenly on the trays (Good unmoldy bagged soil is fine too.) and distribute the sprouted grain, so that, the sprouts are touching each other, but, not covering each other. Water until soil is evenly moist, but, not soggy. A sprinkling can (or Flat Spray Nozzle) is recommended. Cover with another tray of equal size (fill with old 2x4 blocks for weight), and let the grains germinate for 3 days at 60 degrees or above. (72 deg.F is ideal, over 80 is usually too hot.) Do not water them during this period. Then, remove the tray on top, expose the sprouts to direct sunlight indoors or outdoors, or place them under plant-grow lights. Keep them well-watered for about a week or until the grass is about 8 inches tall. The grass is now ready for juicing.

A note on mold. Mold is not desirable, but, most trays these days get some unless you have good seed and completely broken down (composted) balanced soil. It is not the major problem that that this web page makes it out to be. I healed my self of a tumour in three months juicing and consuming hundreds of trays of wheatgrass; containing various degrees of mold. No mold is an indication of excellent growing skills, minor amounts are not a serious problem and the mold is easily rinsed off at the time of harvesting. Thank you. JOB

Where do I find organic dirt?

My dear, don't ever call it dirt. Dirt implies some sort of filth that we have to contend with. Call it earth. Earth is a living substance with a unique balance of its own. Unfortunately, due to the wealth of herbicides, pesticides and other poisons that have been put on earth, there is less and less organic earth left.

So, where do I find organic earth?

You let earthworms, Mother Nature's helper, make it for you. I have devised a system of indoor composting that anyone can follow, right in their kitchens. Here at the Mansion I have my compost system set up in the living room.

Can you give us some details?

First, I find some nice red wrigglers (not night crawlers). Good suppliers are fish and tackle stores and organic gardening centers. I give them some earth and lots of goodies to eat, like vegetable scraps, banana peels, avocado (pits and skins), etc. Avoid used rejuvelac grains (Unless you have alkaline soil) because they create ammonia reaction that acidfies soil and kills worms. (Remember, the birds really appreciate the rejuvelac grains!) Red wrigglers are constantly hungry, so you constantly have to feed them or they will die. They do not eat earth, they make earth out of what they eat, and produce castings.

Do you keep worms in your apartment?

Absolutely. Until you have set up compost bins, keep your worms in a small wash tub, obtained at the hardware store, for their bed.

How many compost bins do you have?

For small families I recommend three bins. I prefer attractive ones from restaurant suppliers, that are on rollers, so that I can pull them out to clean under them. You can also use 30-gallon trash barrels. I drill 1/4" holes all around the containers and 3 or 4 holes on the bottom, in one spot towards the front, for drainage. The holes in the sides allow air to circulate. Then, I begin to put used mats in the first bin.

What is a mat?

Oh, a mat is what is left after cutting the wheatgrass or greens.

What do you mean by "greens"?

Oh yes. You can also grow buckwheat and sunflower from unhulled buckwheat and sunflower seeds bought at a health food store or from a wholesaler. These are the only "lettuces" that I eat. You plant them exactly the same way as you would the wheatgrass. But, let's get back to wheatgrass.

You said that you start a compost bin with a used mat.

That's right. One-half foot of used mats are placed at the bottom of the bin: then, kitchen scraps: then, more used mats. Cover kitchen scraps thoroughly each time or else you will have fruits flies. (or for $50.-prox. you make an O3 generator) Then, I add a couple of dozen wrigglers. Subsequent mats may be broken apart to speed up the process.

Can you add other things like apple peels?

Actually I would stay away from fruit peelings (especially citrus) because they attract bugs. However, I've had had good luck with vegetable clippings, and very good luck with wheatgrass pulp and BANANA PEELs are the best, as long as they are covered immediately by earth. Keep vegetable scraps toward the middle of the container, away from the holes, to avoid attracting bugs.

How do you get the initial batch of earth for planting?

Do the best you can from the forest, or from the garden department in a store. Add equal part of peat moss to the original soil if it appears to be too dense. After the earth has been composted once by the earthworms it becomes much more organic.

How long does the earth take to compost?

It takes 6 to 8 weeks, depending on the temperature and conditions.

How does your house smell with compost?

Wonderful. When I come inside from Commonwealth Avenue with the car fumes and polution, it's really another world inside. My whole house is an organic garden. This is the most exciting part of the Living Food Lifestyle. Everyone living this life style feels that we are contributing toward the rebuilding of Mother Earth.

Besides drinking the wheatgrass juice and using it for implants, what other uses does wheatgrass have?

Wheatgrass juice can also be used as an antiseptic for cuts and bruises as you would use aloe vera. Take some wheatgrass pulp from the juicer, soak it in a little wheatgrass juice, apply it to the inflicted area and then put on a bandage. Wheatgrass juice can also be used as an eye wash, applied to the scalp for helping dandruff conditions, sniffed up the nose to relieve congestion, used as a mouthwash and applied to the ears with a swab to clear away debris. A tray of wheatgrass near a television or computer helps to neutralize radiation.

Can I juice wheatgrass in my Champion Juicer?

No. You should use a special wheatgrass juicer. I sell them here at the Foundation. (The new Omega 8002 {2003 a.d.} is tops). You can also find them at certain health food stores. A motorized wheatgrass juicer is the best investment for the long-term wheatgrass user, since, cranking a manual wheatgrass juicer can be tiring. Besides Wheateana juicers (a bit osolete now) that we can sell at the Ann Wigmore Foundation, there are several other juicers available for juicing high-fiber foods, Here.

VI. Dr. Ann's Discovery of Wheatgrass

How did you discover wheatgrass juice?

I didn't. Wheatgrass juice has been valued since Biblical times. During the First World War, I began to learn about its remarkable healing properties because my grandmother used grasses to heal wounded soldiers in the European village where I was born. During the 1950s the memories of my grandmother's use of grasses and other plants resurfaced as a result of my personal health problems.

It was on animals that I began my own experimentation with wheatgrass and other grasses. Wheatgrass proved to be the fastest and easiest variety of grass to grow. It turned out to be favored by my pets and worked miracles for their well being. So I expanded my study of grasses, focusing on wheatgrass in particular.

I contacted my friend and associate Dr. G.H. Thomas for his expert opinion on the potential usefulness of wheatgrass for human health. As a soil and plant scientist, Dr. Thomas had prior knowledge of grasses and chlorophyll. Yet after a few weeks of chemical analysis and library research, he was quite surprised to find that wheatgrass contained many vital nutrients which he felt could serve as regenerative and protective factors in human health. According to his findings, fresh wheatgrass juice was theoretically capable of sustaining human health and life for weeks or even months at a time. Dr. Thomas also came across some research papers written by Dr. Charles Schnabel, who advocated the use of young wheat and other grasses in animal and human nutrition. Schnabel estimated that fifteen pounds of wheatgrass were equal in protein and overall nutritional value to three hundred and fifty pounds of ordinary garden vegetables.

The real proving ground was my own body, which had become sickly and weak after twenty years of living and eating as an average American. A few weeks after I started chewing and juicing young blades of fresh wheatgrass, and eating fresh sprouts and greens, a festering case of cancer that I suffered with for years improved in a few months. The problem, which is particularly difficult to remedy with conventional treatments, eventually cleared up entirely.

My energy level soared and I felt well again. I knew that wheatgrass was a powerful energy boost for my body. To prove to myself that it would also help others to get well, I began delivering wheatgrass juice to a number of bedridden, ill and elderly folks in my neighborhood. I was amazed at the results. In a matter of weeks, all of them were able to get out of bed, and they became more active than they had been in years.

My research has continued since then in many different countries and situations. I have personally witnesses thousands of lives transformed due to the healing properties of wheatgrass.

VII. Wheatgrass and Emotional Detoxification

Can wheatgrass really rejuvenate the body?

Wheatgrass, in itself, does nothing. It only helps the body perform its natural task of self-healing. It is perhaps the best food for this purpose, since it readily supplies the body with all of the nutrients that it needs, in the easiest form to digest. Being freed of the enormous task of digesting heavy food, the body can spend most of its time healing itself.

So this is the miracle of wheatgrass?

It is not just the miracle of wheatgrass, it is the: Miracle of Life. When we look at the scientific process of healing, it looks so complex. And even with all of our scientific knowledge, we still know so little. However, when we look at disease from "nature's" stand point, it is quite simple. Supply the body with easy-to-digest nourishment that is organic, whole and uncooked, and the body will naturally start to release stored-up toxins and balance any deficiencies in the body. Two conditions,toxemia and disease, are the cause of all disease.

Is it really that simple?

Yes... When we get back to nature we realize that, by following nature's laws, we can live a full life free of fear, stress and disease.
So, after taking wheatgrass, your life became completely organized and simple?

My attitude toward life has become very simple. I am able to handle all the situations that surround me. My life is anything but simple. There are several people who filed law suits against me and a certain group is trying to take over the foundation. However, I'm able to cope with these complications without having them upset my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual balance.

So, wheatgrass doesn't solve your problems?

Wheatgrass facilitates the physical cleansing of the body. As we cleanse physically, we automatically cleanse mentally and emotionally. Issues arise that have been suppressed for years. These suppressed issues and emotions are a big part of the cause of disease, especially when the body is not given organic nourishment from a balanced Mother Earth. Wheatgrass and the Living Food Lifestyle help to bring these issues to the surface and to give a means for the body to rebuild health through its self-healing ability. This healing allows one to learn what life is all about -- that life is filled with experiences and problems for learning and for growing spiritually. Without problems life would become stagnant and dull and would prevent one from evolving.

You keep your serenity despite everything going on around?

Yes. During the First World War, my grandmother took care of wounded soldiers by leaving the trenches everyday to collect wild herbs and grasses amidst the fire of the enemy. I noticed that she always remained calm despite everything going on around her. While many people were being overwhelmed with anxiety, terror, rage, and hopelessness, these emotions never dominated her calm and steady healing presence.

VIII. Wheatgrass: A Spiritual Tonic

Dr. Ann, you mentioned that you have a specific mission in life: to share the Living Food Lifestyle with the world. Do you believe that everyone has a mission?

Definitely. In fact, I believe that each person has a unique mission, because each person is a unique human being. However, when someone is very toxic and out of balance this mission is obscured. When they begin to detoxify, however, illusion begins to shift and they can start to see their mission. They become aware that they are spiritual beings and have a responsibility for nurturing their physical, mental and emotional aspects in order to develop their God-self.
Does detoxification always lead to an understanding of one's mission?

Yes. .. This is the wonderful thing. We begin to follow our true mission in life, in harmony with nature, true happiness can be attained. All of the misery around us is the result of people doing things contrary to what we were intended to do. Every deed contrary to nature creates imbalance in Mother Earth. Poisons of various kinds, in and around the earth, create imbalances in our nourishment, which perpetuate and further complicate physical, mental and emotional imbalances. People should willingly choose to detoxify their bodies and minds, while there is still time. We as spiritual beings cannot escape fulfilling our mission, which is to learn to live harmoniously with the whole earth.

What do you mean?

I believe that it won't be very long before everyone will be forced to; "clean up their act". Already we are seeing wide-spread illness everywhere. What a blessing these illness are! (It's Mother Earth raising her issues.) Physical illness is no more than a warning sign to direct people away from the destructive aspects of their current lifestyle. Now, of course, people with terminal illness can choose to let disease kill them. Yet, more and more, we find people seeking alternative paths to healing and living. In the process they adopt a whole new lifestyle and purpose. They see the necessity of evolving to their higher self. In fact, they come to recognize their true self, which is spiritual in nature. Because wheatgrass and the Living Food Lifestyle work so quickly and efficiently to heal the physical, mental and emotional bodies, I believe that the Living Food Lifestyle is really a spiritual lifestyle that has been brought into being at this very pressing moment in time.

What do you mean when you say, that, we don't have a long time to "clean up our act"?

I mean just that. At this point in time there are many illnesses because we have been living for so long contrary to the laws of nature. People are now being forced to change or they will die. But to let oneself die does not solve the problems. It only creates more. It is my understanding that it is a sin to be close-minded (a disease of the system) and not to turn to nature to allow the body to self-heal. At present, the earth itself is more and more striving to cleanse itself and this is a wonderful thing. However, those who refuse to change risk being consumed by the cleansing. The Bible and many other spiritual documents predict a time in the near future when "terrible" things will occur. Of course, I don't like to think of this period as terrible. It will simply involve a world-wide cleanse and no one will be exempt. Practically speaking, it is better for each person to begin the process within oneself now, rather than to wait until it will be so much more difficult. By starting now, we can discover that there is nothing to be afraid of.

How do you plan to spread this very important message?

I'm doing it right here. I feel a strong urgency about spreading the message of wheatgrass and the Living Food Lifestyle. I plan to touch millions of people through all of my writing and classes, to give them courage and hope in the midst of a world of hatred and fear. In fact, the "great cleanse" has already begun in my opinion. One only has to read the newspaper and read about the freak weather phenomena, corruption on the government and corporate levels and life-threatening epidemics like the AIDS virus. As I said earlier, there are some people around me who are trying to keep me from getting my message out by occupying my time with law suits and threats. What they don't understand, though, is that, with the Living Food Lifestyle, I have enough time -- I only need to sleep 4 hours a night -- and I have energy to deal with all of my legal matters and concurrently spread my healing message. Nothing can stop me from providing this lifestyle to people who are ready to embrace the ways of nature, and the Universal Laws from which we live.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin