New addition for one of my kits.

WillyPete

New addition for one of my kits.

Post by WillyPete »

I went into a Lowe's today to get some load binders, was taking a load of firewood to a friend for his heating, and found this sitting on an end-cap display. A solar charged flashlight with lithium battery backup power, large light amount and some significant claims. Here's the link:

http://www.hybridlite.com/Solar-Hybrid- ... 001175.htm

I paid $18.97 + tax for it and saw it at another hardware store for $19.99 + tax. Online at the mfr.s website they're going for around $25. Anyway, I bought it to keep in my trekking bag that I mainly use for hunting forays. I was out this morning at 4:30am and was using my LED light that clips to the bill of my hunting cap. The light that critter was emitting was less than helpful, thank goodness my night vision arrived in short order. When I got into my blind I replaced the batteries with the set I bought when I bought the clip light, they were stone cold dead. Of course, since I bought this thing maybe 8 years ago and it was still on its original batteries, I got my monies worth out of them. I'm not real surprised the spares were dead, they were 8 years old in the package and had developed some corrosion so, I lost on them.
I'll be getting more batteries for the LED light later but, since I did not have a flashlight in my bag, I was not happy even when my night vision did get there and, I was not about to walk back to my truck to get one I did have there, too close to deer seein' time. When I saw the Hybrid light at Lowe's and had read the package propaganda, I bought it. I have found out that you don't get all of the information about the light on the package or in the leaflet. I found this one has two brightness levels instead of a single level as is usual for a flashlight. I do not know how long either level will be illuminated but, one of them will provide maybe 11 continuous hours and, will recharge in any light, according to the leaflet and website.
If this light shows itself to be factual to the propaganda, I'm buying more of them and not worrying about batteries so much anymore. I'll keep battery flashlights and batteries anyway since they're still a dependable source of illumination. Until I run out of batteries that is.