i finally got my b.o.b.!!!

bbj101

i finally got my b.o.b.!!!

Post by bbj101 »

Its a big sandpiper bag/piper gear bag! Its full of xmas gifts right now, time to fill her up!
WillyPete

Re: i finally got my b.o.b.!!!

Post by WillyPete »

Just looked at 'em on a couple of different websites, pretty spiffy bag there!
Now you get the headache of deciding what you're gonna keep in it.

Over and over again and again. :lol:
bbj101

Post by bbj101 »

Tell me about it, I barely know where to start. Its hard to even judge when you have a child like mine.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

start small and put old or extra items in it, and as money comes but one per week , soon it's filled .......
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

308gun got me to thinking. Yeah I know, scary. :shock:

Anyway, a good start for anyone putting together a bag would be to begin with items you already have in your possession.

For kids, one of the myriad of coats they already have available in the bag would be a good beginning for late fall to early spring consideration, just replace it when it is outgrown with another of the myriad present. If they are that is. A couple pair of not yet worn out socks to start with for year round to be replaced with new socks later when you can. A few articles of clothing not yet worn out to replaced with later pieces when present articles have been outgrown.
If you don't have any of the too expensive for sense water containers, use recycled, sturdy plastic bottles until you can get better ones. I have 3 1-liter soda bottles I currently use in one of my get home bags that I will use until I decide to purchase some of those paying for the privilege of using them water bottles. Just use appropriately sized previously utilized bottles for young'uns until you can obtain what you, or they, would rather use.
I prefer to re-purpose when I am able.
Any foodstuffs or first aid articles might need to be kept separate in a ready to go location to prevent any "exploring" by the kids or, keep the entire kit at a ready to go location that is not readily accessible to children but rapidly accessed by adults when the need arises.
Any necessary tools items; knives, hatchets, saws, etc., are dependent on the age and level of maturity of the kids. Keep an eye on 'em then add tool items when they are warranted.

This isn't meant to be a comprehensive plot to set up a GO bag for anyone but sort of a guideline for getting started. Only you can make your kit right, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.