My diabetes at Hippocrates

fern
Patriot
Patriot

My diabetes at Hippocrates

Post by fern »

This is a wonderful testimony to something that appears to work and although it is about fern's experience, I think it should stay right here - it may give others ideas or inspiration. Fern is the moderator for this section and we normally do not insert comments or discussion in this 'encyclopedia' - however, if you have something that may be important to this post, send it by PM directly to fern and she will decide whether to include any comments as an addendum. :cowboy:
For the last year, I have been experiencing severe breathing problems. In March, the dr gave me steroids and I felt something immediately "break" in my body. I could actually feel a click that reverberated throughout and I slept for two full days. For two months following that click, I could barely function. I could not eat, was so dry constantly, was so weak I could barely walk from room to room, and struggled to just get through each day in my mind fog of trying to inhale one more breath. I ended up in the hospital in May and was given more steroids in large amounts straight into an iv. End result was the steroids gave me Type 1 diabetes. I was back in the hospital in June and came home that time with inhaled steroids that were worsening the diabetes but necessary for me to breathe. The endocrinologist said there was a good chance that the diabetes would go away if I could get off the steroids but I needed them to continue to breathe so it was a catch 22 situation for me. I was on a long acting insulin twice a day and a rapid insulin four times each day. I spent the summer testing foods to see what I could eat that would not require the rapid insulin to be taken at all. It was a hard and frustrating time for me and I despised every second of it. I cannot begin to share the internal rage I felt every second of every day at what a drug had done to me.

It was at that point, we started saving for me to go to Hippocrates Health Institute. By the 3rd day on their program, I packed all my insulin up and placed it in the refrigerator. On a raw diet, no insulin is needed at all. The program consists of wheat grass taken orally and anally in the am and pm, a green drink at 10am and 4pm, a raw buffet of foods at noon and 5pm as the standard and then the program is tailored to each persons' needs from there. Initially, my numbers would spike with the wheat grass and the green drink to almost 200 but I found that they quickly came back to normal on their own. After the first week, I stopped taking my sugar readings except for mornings and nights and eventually I only took them in the morning. All the hot or cold sick feelings that come with high and low sugars was gone. I just leveled out and I felt like my old self. By day 8, my breathing became normal for the first time in 14 months. I was going to the gym daily and saw my stamina increase daily. My constantly blood shot eyes cleared to bright white again and my dry skin became smooth again. I was walking almost 5 miles a day around the campus too and thoroughly enjoyed that.

According to the program, all type 2 diabetes is fully "curable" and a third of type 1 is also. They say it takes one year of living vegan on the daily wheat grass and green drinks to allow your body to heal for type 2 and two years for type 1...if you are in the lucky third.

Hippocrates has the sweetest wheat grass I have ever tasted and it is NOT hard to take at all! I purchased their seeds and soil to bring home with me and now have two kinds of sprouts and wheat grass growing here at home. Their green drink is the best I have ever tasted too. It is made up of 30% sunflower sprouts, 30% pea sprouts, 20% celery, and 20% cucumbers. I have never liked green drinks but I truly enjoy this one. The sprouts are amazingly good tasting and I can highly recommend this drink to everyone and not just those with diabetes. Hippocrates states that our bodies detox between 3am and noon so they do not recommend any foods other than the green drink before lunch time. I can once again eat fresh melons, berries and even water melons without reactions that high sugar brings. Thank goodness they are eaten raw!!

Hippocrates promotes two mottoes for everyone. The first is written on every employees' shirt and it says "It is not the food in your life but the life in your food". They preach the following words..."Love of self over love of food". The second line is the one that reverberated through me. It changed my approach to anything I ingest now. I have no desire to shoot insulin into me so that I can eat something that is not even healthy for me. My desire to breathe easily and not shake with high or low blood sugar weighs much higher on any scale than ingesting dead food to slow my body down while aiding in dying sooner. I have not met a meat or dairy product that I place a higher value on than health now.

After the initial year of healing, the program states you can start eating 20% cooked foods. Cooked foods are dead foods though and slow your metabolism down.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin