Natural Weed Killer - THIS WORKS!

Carrying the control of bugs, critters and weeds to a natural level.
Watchman
Foreman

Natural Weed Killer - THIS WORKS!

Post by Watchman »

I saw this formula on a forum called Back to Eden and by golly, it works. Here are the ingredients and what you need:

1 - 1-Gallon sprayer - Wally has them for $5 and it is pretty good quality made in the USA.
1 Gallon of white distilled vinegar
2 cups epsom salts
1/4 cup of the original BLUE Dawn dishwashing liquid (don't worry, it is biodegradable)

Mix the ingredients well and pressurize your sprayer. Spray directly at the ROOTS of the weed and they will die within a day. Keep in mind that this will also killl neighboring plants if you happen to spray them. Be careful.

:cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Natural Weed Killer - THIS WORKS!

Post by Toepopper »

I must try this weed killing formula. The weeds have taken over my garden. I spend one hour per day on my knees pulling them out of the raised beds where my veggies are growing. I have a small mountain of weeds rotting in the sun but the weeds outside those raised beds are almost waist high. Due to the extreme heat and fire danger the state has declared a fire emergency so no gas powered tools may be used. No lawn mowers, chainsaws or weed whackers so the weeds will get a reprieve this year. My veggies are cooking in the heat, 100 degrees today and yesterday in the shade with no relief in sight. Have been picking tomato's, potato's, and cukes, the peas are done and the apricots are ready to be harvested. Must get up at zero dark thirty and work when its cool to get anything done.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Yesterday I went after weeds that were growing in cement cracks in my driveway. I made sure that the roots were well-saturated. Not two hours later we had a flash thunderstorm which inundated us with rain. I'm going to check the weeds today to see if the treatment was diluted. Stay tuned. :cowboy:
sidejob

Post by sidejob »

Watchman wrote:Yesterday I went after weeds that were growing in cement cracks in my driveway. I made sure that the roots were well-saturated. Not two hours later we had a flash thunderstorm which inundated us with rain. I'm going to check the weeds today to see if the treatment was diluted. Stay tuned. :cowboy:
How did it do after the rain? still kill the weeds? I am prepping the garden spot over the next month and would like to see about killing out residual weeds while dormant...
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

sidejob: I used this limited last year on the weeds in the cracks of cement on my driveway. They stayed yellow all summer long until I had the gumption to pull their dry butts out. One thing I read is that if you use it in a yard it will kill the immediaely-surrounding grass. You have to really take care and spray it at the roots. We had a couple of rains (grateful here in Free Wyoming) but it did not seem to affect the application. It was still yellow, dried up. I'm real particular about what I use on our property. The epsom salls will soak into the soill and others sources say epsom salts are good for "sweetening" the soil. The dishwashing detergent is bio-degradable so soon dissipates. Thats the best analysis I can give you. One last tiny comment. It doesn't seem to be as strong as the commercial poisons but I won't use that other crap no matter what. :cowboy: