Turkey Season Opening

Securing a meat supply via the woods, fields, and waterways. Retention - permanent.
cntrlflm

Turkey Season Opening

Post by cntrlflm »

The Spring is a good time to test hunting skills. Spring Gobbler opens next month in some States. Gobblers are a good game to learn and use practical food survival tactics.

I've began feeding some corn, but it has become expensive. Food plots are a better choice and in progress.

I hope to hear and learn about some Turkey kills on this forum.

Cntrlflm
cowboy38229

Post by cowboy38229 »

Our spring season opens here in Tennessee on March 29.
I think its going to be a good year . While I was out trapping and deer hunting in the bottom this fall I spotted a band of 28 jakes on three different trips in about 1 square mile.
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post by Toepopper »

Turkey season starts a little later here, in mid April and runs through the month of May. Lots of birds in the local area so bagging a couple won't be any problem. We are not legally allowed to use a rifle in this state, shotgun only. I use #2 shot due to all the brush and bramble in the area. What type of shotshells are you other hunters using?
cowboy38229

Post by cowboy38229 »

Shotgun only here in Tn. too. We can only use #4 shot and smaller here.
I hunt with a single shot 20 ga. full choke, 3"mag. #4 shot.
There are so many young birds here they just walk right up on you. Our limit is 4 bearded birds per year ,but only one per day.
WillyPete

Re: Turkey Season Opening

Post by WillyPete »

We've come full circle from last year and it's coming up turkey season soon here in SC, April 1st to May 1st.
I'll be warming up the slates, chalking the boxes, cleaning the decoys and re-patterning my shotguns. I have several I take turkey hunting but, one mainstay that I always take out for most of the season. You can see it here: http://www.preparedness-survival.com/ph ... 31&t=13408
I haven't gotten a tom yet but that doesn't stop me. I didn't get to go last year so I'm chompin' at the bit worse than last year now.
We have the Palmetto Sportsman's Classic at the end of February so that folks can go spend more money than they have to get ready for any season; fishing, birding or hunting. Vendors there have any, and everything, you may need to be successful at your chosen pursuit be it 4 legged, winged or finned.
I'm hoping I can get away from work enough to get out this season, I want to at least talk to a turkey if I don't manage to shoot one but, I'm gonna work real hard to be able to shoot one this season. 8)